Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Merritt Wever and Kaitlyn Dever missed for the same reason The Undoing is going to under-perform on nominations day. High profile shows from an incumbent winner that only grabbed a CC win for their supporting player that do well nominations wise at the televised awards but ultimately don’t have any passion to win anything significant and ultimately falls as other contenders with more passion (Unorthodox/Little Fires Everywhere and WandaVision/Mare of Easttown) make it to the air.

Unbelievable‘s critical passion and social relevancy kept it in a category like series for example. What passion does The Undoing have outside of Hugh Grant and maybe Donald Sutherland’s performances?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m predicting The Undoing getting exactly 0 nominations. With so much shows coming on the past 3 months I feel like The Undoing has aired ages ago.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m predicting The Undoing getting exactly 0 nominations. With so much shows coming on the past 3 months I feel like The Undoing has aired ages ago.

I’m this close to drop Grant and Sutherland as well.
    Not predicting anything else.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I’m this close to drop Grant and Sutherland as well. Not predicting anything else.

If I have to start dropping Sutherland. Who should then take his place? Can anyone help me. I really do not know? This is my top 6…

1. John Boyega – Small Axe (Prime Video)

2. Bill Camp – The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix)

3. Daveed Diggs – Hamilton (Disney+)

4. William Jackson Harper – The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)

5. Donald Sutherland – The Undoing (HBO)

6. Shaun Parkes – Small Axe (Prime Video)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who should then take his place?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If I have to start dropping Sutherland. Who should then take his place? Can anyone help me. I really do not know? This is my top 6…

1. John Boyega – Small Axe (Prime Video)

2. Bill Camp – The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix)

3. Daveed Diggs – Hamilton (Disney+)

4. William Jackson Harper – The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)

5. Donald Sutherland – The Undoing (HBO)

6. Shaun Parkes – Small Axe (Prime Video)

Aaron Pierre seems to be the borderline role of The Underground Railroad so i think he’s a safe bet.
    Look out also for Paapa Essiedu as well.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pls Clayton Davis’ predictions are funny to read. He has Daniels and Rock too high and he doesn’t even have Milo Ventimiglia in his top 20!

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

I am sorry if this has already been discussed here before, but am I the only one who finds it really annoying the fact that the Hamilton cast is eligible for the Emmys for a Tony-winning play that was simply taped and released on a streaming platform? I get so bothered that it makes me not want to put any of them on my predictions, but I know that Hamilton is going to happen anyway..

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Pls Clayton Davis’ predictions are funny to read. He has Daniels and Rock too high and he doesn’t even have Milo Ventimiglia in his top 20!

It’s H. Macy being 2nd and Anderson 7th, for me.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I am sorry if this has already been discussed here before, but am I the only one who finds it really annoying the fact that the Hamilton cast is eligible for the Emmys for a Tony-winning play that was simply taped and released on a streaming platform? I get so bothered that it makes me not want to put any of them on my predictions, but I know that Hamilton is going to happen anyway..

I think we all share the same feeling
    But it is what it is I guess.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s the way that Halston is about to premiere and not a single review is out yet for me.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree. I mean in what way is it even television at all?

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Hamilton isn’t television. It should have been eligible for the Oscars, not the Emmys. It was even originally going to be a theatrical release before the pandemic.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Halston reviews are out!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/halston-netflix-review-ewan-mcgregor-24105963

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/halston-review-netflix-ryan-murphy-ewan-mcgregor-release-date-b1845266.html

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-reviews/halston-review-netflix-ryan-murphy-483640/

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Another lackluster Ryan Murphy show. Man needs to take a break

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.