Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I agree. I mean in what way is it even television at all?

Why is Hamilton not eligible for a TV movie?

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Regarding the fact that Rory Culkin’s role seems to be too small to get in on a quite stacked category, does Gian Franco Rodriguez stand a chance? Review seems to give him a spotlight.

Btw, I’m still waiting for the addition of Jeff Wilbusch for Oslo. That role is the best among the cast, and he may have a goodwill left from Unorthodox.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

It seems like the reception is lukewarm, but not outright pans. I think the metascore could stabilise in the low 60s. McGregor has some good notices as well. As long as the general audience responds positively and pulls in a sizeable viewership, I think he can retain frontrunner status.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Not sure why they hid the reviews for that long considered they aren’t that bad? Maybe ratched pans really surprised them lol

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Why is Hamilton not eligible for a TV movie?

Filmed musicals (and events) are always classed as Variety Specials.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’ll have a busy weekend between Halston and The Underground Railroad.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t even think I’m going to be able to finish The Underground Railroad in one weekend lol. 10 episodes and a depressing subject matter in one weekend? Yikes.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Yall better not say The Underground Railroad is too sombre or torturous, but then continue to pay complete dust to the fun and humorous The Good Lord Bird (which tackles similar subject matter with a completely different tone).

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yall better not say The Underground Railroad is too sombre or torturous, but then continue to pay complete dust to the fun and humorous The Good Lord Bird (which tackles similar subject matter with a completely different tone).

I’m sorry I know I’m guilty!

I haven’t been able to get round to The Good Lord Bird as of yet but I hopefully will soon. I’m travelling for work and will have to quarantine again for a few days so I should be getting round to it hopefully before the GD awards nominations process begins. That and The Comey Rule (although I’m looking forward to that one less so I’m saving it for the end lol).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

I tried watching The Comey Rule but fell asleep more hours that I could count..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol some of these critics reviewing Halston seem pressed.

Some of the lukewarm reviews I’ve seen do offer some constructive criticisms to the show but some dedicate hundreds of words to Murphy even though he’s had little creative involvement with this one (or at least in retrospect to his other three Netflix shows).

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

I agree. I mean in what way is it even television at all?

It aired on television (or strictly, on streaming, which has been decreed to be television now).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It aired on television (or strictly, on streaming, which has been decreed to be television now).

Yet it wasn’t made for television. Sure it was on Disney+ but it’s not as if everything in their catalogue has been confined to the Emmys.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Finished watching Halston. I really liked it. I only wasn’t a fan of the first episode’s writing which the story starts kinda abruptly and moves so fast. The other episodes didn’t have that problem and directing was great. With so many costumes and sets this show will surely get many craft nominations. Acting wise I would only chose McGregor and Krysta Rodriguez. Even though I won’t predict the show in series I wouldn’t be surprised or upset if it gets in.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Yet it wasn’t made for television.

It premiered on television; HBO has bought up movies for TV release and had them nominated for the Emmys for years.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.