Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Can we talk about how it’s so disappointing and problematic that The Queen’s Gambit is going to win over I May Destroy You, Small Axe and The Underground Railroad.

What’s wrong with The Queen’s Gambit winning if ever? Lol.

Give me a show that is well made and entertaining at the same time over shows that are baity.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Mrs. America was more acclaimed than Watchmen last year and look at where that ended.

I get what you’re trying to say but the gap between Watchmen’s 85 (formulated without the acclaimed final few episodes which weren’t sent to critics) and Mrs. America’s 87 can’t really be compared to the disparity between The Queen’s Gambit’s 79 and the 90+ scores of The Underground Railroad/Mangrove/Lovers Rock, or the huge points difference I May Destroy You held over it on the 2020 year-end aggregate list.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’d be more swayed by the arguments in this thread (which are very compelling) if The Queen’s Gambit didn’t still have the production/technical edge. I mean it absolutely annihilated the guilds. The only two guild awards it lost were at ceremonies where it won the other category it was nominated for. Below-the-line support has pushed shows like Game of Thrones to wins over more acclaimed series before. Watchmen likely would’ve won anyway, but the fact that it was so technically strong definitely helped it as well. Granted, with The Underground Railroad and WandaVision now in the mix, the below-the-line Emmy categories will be more competitive, but The Queen’s Gambit has been virtually unstoppable everywhere it’s gone. As amazing as The Underground Railroad is, I just don’t think it’ll be able to take down the juggernaut.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I think if Anya Taylor Joy wins over Thuso Mbedu, Kate Winslet or Michaela Coel it’ll be one of those wins that ages really badly. I’m hoping for a Jodie Foster Golden Globe moment where all these other contenders with passion take the lead away from ATJ and someone really random wins lol.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

What do we think TQG is winning from the Creative Awards?

Emmys FYC: Ruth Wilson (His Dark Materials); Moses Ingram, Isla Johnston and Harry Melling (The Queen's Gambit); Enid Graham and Cailee Spaeny (Mare of Easttown)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think if Anya Taylor Joy wins over Thuso Mbedu, Kate Winslet or Michaela Coel it’ll be one of those wins that ages really badly. I’m hoping for a Jodie Foster Golden Globe moment where all these other contenders with passion take the lead away from ATJ and someone really random wins lol.

I personally don’t think so because Anya did gave a very good performance, not like the others good but still very good

It will be a ‘it girl’ win like Zendaya last year (who faced people with better performances as well).

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Talking about The Underground Railroad itself. I dare to say that the first episode is better than 90% of the movies nominated for Best Picture this season.

Well, only Queen Chloe cracked the 90s on MC.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think both Taylor Joy and Zendaya have been insanely overrated by everybody. I think they’re good actors and that’s about it. Olivia Cooke is 100 times better than both of them and doesn’t get the same hype.

Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

Not sure it means much of anything, but Halston is not in the U.S. Top Ten Netflix shows  today. I’m curious to see if that changes over the weekend.

I bring this up because I remember Murphy’s other shows, like Hollywood and Ratched, being in the Top Ten for weeks right after they were released. And I always kind of thought that it was partly the sheer amount of exposure/people watching that helped those shows overcome tepid reviews.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

With a Z

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

i think the Netflix top 10 is actually for the previous day, so new shows won’t show up until they’ve been out for at least a day.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

really curious about TUR…dont have money to pay amazon….LOL…but the cinematic look like a Horor MOvie…the other hand its just slave love story..im bit confusing here….

is the cinematography really suitable in the type style of this series??

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

What do we think TQG is winning from the Creative Awards?

Nah. Beth Harmon is quiet a character. None of those characters you named are going to be remembered except the series itself.

And Anya managed to glue viewers and made chess watchable.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

I think both Taylor Joy and Zendaya have been insanely overrated by everybody. I think they’re good actors and that’s about it. Olivia Cooke is 100 times better than both of them and doesn’t get the same hype.

Anya was outstanding way before in The VVitch, Emma and Thoroughbreds. She’s not overrated for The Queen’s Gambit and her win will clearly not ages badly. Beth is an incredible character.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

And how is ATJ overrated? Lol. The Queen’s Gambit was her first mainstream hit. ALL her movies are low-key.  Lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.