Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol, if we’re going by yesterday’s initial interest / GP buzz, we should all be predicting sweeps for Love, Death + Robots and High School Musical then.

Amy Adams is finally winning her overdue Oscar!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Lol, if we’re going by yesterday’s initial interest / GP buzz, we should all be predicting sweeps for Love, Death + Robots and High School Musical then.

Let’s get Olivia Rodrigo her Emmy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kaley Cuoco and Jean Smart found in a ditch lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

halfway to EGOT in a year let’s goooo

On another topic I binged It’s a Sin yesterday and the last episode was basically an acting showcase for Keeley Hawes. Very impressive. I also think Lydia West was very good in the whole series. Would also be happy about a nod for Olly Alexander, I had never seen him act before, I only knew him through music.
    + the ending made me cry which hasn’t happened in a while.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

On another topic I binged It’s a Sin yesterday and the last episode was basically an acting showcase for Keeley Hawes. Very impressive. I also think Lydia West was very good in the whole series. Would also be happy about a nod for Olly Alexander, I had never seen him act before, I only knew him through music. + the ending made me cry which hasn’t happened in a while.

I need Keeley Hawes to get that win nomination.

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

I don’t understand since when critics became a definitive barometer to decide the quality of something. They have their own biases, preferences and mentality (see the Murphy discourse from yesterday). For example, The Leftovers S2 is one of the best seasons of television I have ever seen, yet it just has an 80 on Metacritic and didn’t even make the top 5 on the year end lists. Fargo S2 has a 96 and was #1 that year, with more than double the number of points that Leftovers had. Am I supposed to believe Fargo was better simply because a bunch of people said so? I certainly don’t think Fleabag was the best comedy of the last decade or that Breaking Bad was anywhere near as good as it’s made out to be.

Today’s film (& TV) journalism is in shambles where the large majority of the people involved are incapable of any meaningful analysis or thinking skills. Placing too much value on their opinion seems naive and a waste of time for everyone involved.

PS: And please no more talks about the ‘importance’ of a show/film. God knows how much mediocrity has been nominated because of this thinking.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

High Grant AND Nicole Kidman are on deadline today campaigning for The Undoing

Lol, imagine if this show ends up getting in

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I don’t understand since when critics became a definitive barometer to decide the quality of something.

The ‘quality’ of something is fairly subjective for a number of reasons. Metacritic is actually one of the best resources available for quantifying the quality of shows in contention. We are on an awards forum passing judgement on shows everyone has different opinions on. I agree with much of what you said regarding the biases of critics, and called this out in the Murphy discussion. The Leftovers season 2 (also one of the best seasons of TV I’ve ever seen) suffered from the weaker reception of season 1. However, there is no real reason why The Queen’s Gambit was disadvantaged with critics – if it was good enough, it would’ve scored higher. In fact, it overperformed on the year-end lists relative to its score.

PS: And please no more talks about the ‘importance’ of a show/film. God knows how much mediocrity has been nominated because of this thinking.

But that’s not happening in this case, where the shows considered ‘important’ are also far more acclaimed. There’s a possibility that the winner of Limited Series will be the least acclaimed show in the category.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

High Grant AND Nicole Kidman are on deadline today campaigning for The Undoing Lol, imagine if this show ends up getting in

If it makes it to the show, TUR will not make it

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have seen so many videos circulating on my timeline of Krysta Rodrigez singing Liza with a Z.

Between that, her heavy participation in Netflix’s campaigning and her mention on TVLine’s Performer of the Week this week, I think we may have found Kathryn Hahn’s challenger.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

halfway to EGOT in a year let’s goooo

H.E.R. is shook.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

McGregor is the type of under-rewarded performer who I bet people will vote for the win even if they haven’t seen Halston.

Any updates on The Underground Railroad supporting actresses?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I have seen so many videos circulating on my timeline of Krysta Rodrigez singing Liza with a Z.

Between that, her heavy participation in Netflix’s campaigning and her mention on TVLine’s Performer of the Week this week, I think we may have found Kathryn Hahn’s challenger.

She also has at least 1 “Emmy clip” of “real acting” in every episode to her advantage as well.

She also just had a great profile in the NYTimes

Krysta With a Y Plays Liza With a Z

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

TUR will not make it

Please

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of Halston it’s interesting how it has risen to 67% on Rotten Tomatoes which is stronger than each of Ryan Murphy’s other Netflix shows and The Prom and the current season of The Handmaid’s Tale. It also has started off with an 84% audience score and on IMDB it has started off with a 7.5 audience score (which is more than The Undoing).

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/halston/s01

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.