Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

Is Amber Gray not eligible then?

I don’t know, but her name is not in the booklet either.

Emmy FYC: P-Valley in all categories; I May Destroy You in all categories; Sandra Oh, Steven Yeun and JK Simmons for "Invincible".

International Emmy FYC: Camila Morgado and Eduardo Moscovis in "Good Morning Veronica" (globally on Netflix). Alessandra Negrini in "Invisible City" (globally on Netflix).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Crossing fingers for Lily Rabe to finally get her overdue nomination

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

* And win.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The irony that the one way year that AHS isn’t airing, two of its most under-appreciated OG players (Lily & Evan) finally get their first noms for different projects.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He should have won for Cult but I don’t understand where this confidence in Evan Peters has come from. He’s great on Mare of Easttown but it’s not a role that strikes me as one voters would nominate.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

It will be hilarious if a limited series about chess winning all the way over shows with baity/heavy subject matters.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It will be hilarious if a limited series about chess winning all the way over shows with baity/heavy subject matters.

I’m all in for it honestly
    No one though Queen’s Gambit would be anything that great and it was, and it is winning everything and i hope it wins the Emmys to.

Deserves it very much

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

He should have won for Cult

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And he was an excellent winner!

But Cumberbatch and Peters were better.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

And he was an excellent winner! But Cumberbatch and Peters were better.

Cumberbatch still needs to return that Emmy he stole from Billy Bob Thornton darling.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cumberbatch still needs to return that Emmy he stole from Billy Bob Thornton darling.

I do agree with this one dear. I didn’t really enjoy him so much in Sherlock (he was nomination worthy though) and Thornton was incredible!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I honestly preferred Martin Freeman over Billy on Fargo S1. Totally unpopular opinion I know.

But his scene killing his wife is top notch, i can’t. He won that year in supporting so is cool tho.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am glad Cumberbatch and Freeman got recognition for Sherlock.

But I honestly don’t know how someone can watch season 2 and not vote for Andrew Scott? He was absolutely terrifying and hilarious at the same time!

I assume his lack of name recognition probably played a factor. Glad he at least won a BAFTA for his performance!

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

is there anyone here who watched The Underground Railroad yet????im curious about this….is this series gonna kick out small exes easily ???

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Really? People are still predicting this?

What I want to know is what reason is there to think Daniels and Cranston are even top 8 other than they got nominations with a group that has a working relationship with Showtime and who also happened to shut out one of the top contenders in limited series this year?

They couldn’t even make SAG in a field that was arguably just as open as this one in spite of being big names and beloved veterans (Cranston has 7 individual SAG nominations and 3 wins, Daniels has 3 SAG nominations that correspond with 3 of his 5 acting Emmy nominations). Your Honor hasn’t even been nominated for a single guild award and only the Motion Picture Sound Editors guild nominated The Comey Rule.

The Comey Rule does have an ensemble of recognisable actors and a baity premise but it’s one that whilst topical, its point of focus has hardly been in public conversation since January. Last year Russell Crowe missed a nomination for a show that was in an even better position than The Comey Rule as he had WON the Golden Globe and a SAG nomination and the show was nominated for both the series category in the Golden Globes and WGA. It also starred Academy Award nominee Naomi Watts and was produced by Blumhouse. Your Honor is a cable hit yet it also has mixed reviews and a panned finale. Last year the actors branch rejected a baity limited series with more visibility, recency and stronger reviews that starred an A lister, a 4 time Emmy nominee and had an actors branch favourite and an Oscar winner in supporting roles. That show was also more of a campaign priority for Apple than Your Honor will be for Showtime.

I honestly think we’re headed for a lineup of Edgerton, Hawke, Manuel-Miranda, McGregor with the last spot being between Bettany, Grant and Odom-Jr. unless some random passion pick surprises from out of nowhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.