Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Watched Halston and there is no way Ewan McGregor is getting In for that mess, unless he gets better past episode 2( that’s all I could stomach watching) Netflix really gave Ryan 300 million and so far it’s been one flop after the other. Also I am currently watching TUR and I think Chase Dillon is getting in, this young boy out here out acting his competition. Joel edgerton seems poised to win. Anya Taylor Joy position as the frontrunner keeps on shrinking each and every time-though she is still very much winning. If she had not swept the precursors I would have her fourth after Michaela, Winslet and Mbedu( she kills it, I hope she becomes a serious contender for best supporting actress for woman KIng at the oscars)

The only one who can actually beat Anya here is Winslet. Imo.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

So, will Kate Winslet pull an Anthony Hopkins ? The passion for her performance seems to be growing every day and the raves screams career best.

She should have three Oscars by now (Sense and Sensibility, The Reader and Steve Jobs), so I won’t mind.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Watched Halston and there is no way Ewan McGregor is getting In for that mess, unless he gets better past episode 2( that’s all I could stomach watching) If she had not swept the precursors I would have her fourth after Michaela, Winslet and Mbedu( she kills it, I hope she becomes a serious contender for best supporting actress for woman KIng at the oscars)

That’s… not how this works.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

So, will Kate Winslet pull an Anthony Hopkins ? The passion for her performance seems to be growing every day and the raves screams career best.

I think we’re still a long way from that. ATJ’s show is still orders of magnitude bigger.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I think we’re still a long way from that. ATJ’s show is still orders of magnitude bigger.

Bigger, sure. Pulp nonetheless.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We’ve talked about actor and actress but I’m starting to wonder if the supporting actress race is opening up a bit. For a while it felt like Kathryn Hahn had it in the bag but it feels like her lead is shortening?

Both Krysta Rodriguez and Lily Rabe seem to have built up a lot of hype since the release of both their shows. The latter arguably has a similar narrative to Hahn and the former has probably one of the baitiest performances in this category (I didn’t know this but she also apparently is using her own voice when covering Minnelli’s own performances rather than miming). Likewise Netflix and Amazon seem to be pushing them hard. And this is without mentioning the possibility that Renee Elise or Lydia West/Keeley Hawes make it in and win (the former has a lot of individual hype right now and the latter two seem to have passion).

Hahn is the safest in this category when it comes to nominations but is the win that secure for her? I feel like WandaVision keeps getting hurt the more time passes.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Bigger, sure. Pulp nonetheless.

And? I would say Mare of Easttown isn’t exactly lacking pulp, particularly the sequence at the end of this most recent episode that got everybody so hyped which is straight out of The Silence of the Lambs.

The Queen’s Gambit had the whole winter awards season in a hammerlock. It’s a huge, acclaimed show that people loved. It has already taken on properties that had higher Metacritic scores than it, and trounced them, and realistically none of the late-breaking competitors are going to be as popular as it was.

This doesn’t mean that Taylor-Joy or the show are guaranteed to win the Emmys, by any means, but when assessing the trajectory of the awards race one shouldn’t act like the fact that Mare of Easttown had a great episode means it’s surely on the fast track to overtake it. Slaying this particular giant would be a formidable challenge for any show, at this point.

Of course, we’re also at point where there aren’t any major awards between now and the Emmys, so we’re kind of flying blind in terms of measuring momentum (beyond the nominations themselves, but I expect most of the shows we’re talking about to get a good number of nominations).

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Even though I loved Hahn (not so much towards the end), I don’t see her winning for this. Keeley Hawes is fighting for the nomination, but if she’s nominated I think she has a great shot at winning.

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit had the whole winter awards season in a hammerlock. It’s a huge, acclaimed show that people loved. It has already taken on properties that had higher Metacritic scores than it, and trounced them, and realistically none of the late-breaking competitors are going to be as popular as it was. This doesn’t mean that Taylor-Joy or the show are guaranteed to win the Emmys, by any means, but when assessing the trajectory of the awards race one shouldn’t act like the fact that Mare of Easttown had a great episode means it’s surely on the fast track to overtake it. Slaying this particular giant would be a formidable challenge for any show, at this point. Of course, we’re also at point where there aren’t any major awards between now and the Emmys, so we’re kind of flying blind in terms of measuring momentum (beyond the nominations themselves, but I expect most of the shows we’re talking about to get a good number of nominations).

Quoting this for those in the back!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Both Krysta Rodriguez and Lily Rabe seem to have built up a lot of hype since the release of both their shows.

I would LOVE for Lilly to finally win, but I don’t know if she has enough screen time overall. She could easily miss out on the nom, unfortunately :/

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

It’s a Sin from this year has a 91 with 24 reviews.

yeah, that one!

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

So, will Kate Winslet pull an Anthony Hopkins ? The passion for her performance seems to be growing every day and the raves screams career best. She should have three Oscars by now (Sense and Sensibility, The Reader and Steve Jobs), so I won’t mind.

And Titanic??

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

As a person who can’t really stand Kate Winslet, that woman is giving masterclass after masterclass in every single episode! Should be winning in a cakewalk, the best she’s ever been! She’s better than almost all of her Oscar nominated roles! Also the tv show is just great, a very nice surpise I used to be wanted Olsen to upset but now Im on the Winslet/Hahn 2021 ticket

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Haven’t done this in a month but here are each of the limited series in contention by how well they’ve done on IMDB. Those in bold either only dropped less than two weeks ago or are still airing new episodes.

1. The Queen’s Gambit – 310,623 votes
    2. WandaVision – 168,047 votes
    3. The Undoing – 65,776 votes
    4. Your Honor – 33,044
    5. It’s a Sin – 20,162 votes

6. Small Axe (TOTAL OF 5 FILMS) – 14,701 votes
    7. I May Destroy You – 13,638 votes
    8. Mare of Easttown – 8,371 votes
    9. The Comey Rule – 6,734
    10. The Good Lord Bird – 4,758 votes

11. Halston – 1,903 votes
    12. The Underground Railroad – 997 votes

1. It’s a Sin – 8.8
    2. The Queen’s Gambit – 8.6
    3. Mare of Easttown – 8.4
    4. I May Destroy You – 8.1
    4. WandaVision – 8.1

6. Your Honor – 7.7
    7. The Good Lord Bird – 7.6
    7. Halston – 7.6
    7. Small Axe – 7.6
    10. The Comey Rule – 7.4
    10. The Undoing – 7.4

12. The Underground Railroad – 6.9

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol at The Queens Gambit, how on earth it has 300k reviews.
    My god this is easily Netflix golden ticket.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.