Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ok I’m moving Krysta to number one in my predictions. Sudden? Yes. Idiotic? Idk? Hotel? Trivago!

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1394352012364484610

https://twitter.com/JackieHoffman16/status/1393811569860034563

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

The supporting actress win is wide open and Rodriguez seems perfectly primed as the late-breaking contender who catches heat at just the right time.

Just depends on how much voters respect a mostly-comedic witch from a Marvel series.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The only problem I have (I say this as someone who has both at number one right now) is whether it is possible for both Rodriguez and McGregor to win. Has a non series nominee ever won two acting awards?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I know Solos is widely predicted (by me as well) to be a flop, but I can’t help but feel like Aduba is being perfectly set up to have her own Seven Seconds moment…

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

wait does Kathryn Hahn seriously have a chance in Supporting Actress in a Limited Series? damn…

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I’m dropping WandaVision from the series lineup, there are simply too many buzzed and acclaimed shows in this lineup that it has to go. Also adding Jean Smart and Evan Peters to my supporting predictions.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If there is a spoiler to a lineup of Coel, Mbedu, Olsen, Taylor-Joy and Winslet, is Mbedu going to be the first one to go?

I’ve had her in my lineup since the predictions centre opened and I’m still keeping her in but each of the other four ladies in this potential lineup seem to have more individual hype and buzz and the buzz for their shows seem to revolve around them, which doesn’t seem to be so much of the case with Mbedu.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If there is a spoiler to a lineup of Coel, Mbedu, Olsen, Taylor-Joy and Winslet, is Mbedu going to be the first one to go?

I’ve had her in my lineup since the predictions centre opened and I’m still keeping her in but each of the other four ladies in this potential lineup seem to have more individual hype and buzz and the buzz for their shows seem to revolve around them, which doesn’t seem to be so much of the case with Mbedu.

Yeah, i think she was 4th, but after the show and first reactions I think she’s 5th

I’m dropping WandaVision from the series lineup, there are simply too many buzzed and acclaimed shows in this lineup that it has to go. Also adding Jean Smart and Evan Peters to my supporting predictions.

It makes sense but i can’t drop Wandavision, between Disney enormous campaign for it and the heavy tech support it’ll probably get, i just don’t have the force. Won’t be surprised if it’s snubbed.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

this is strange, halston receiving two awards without being a strong competitor for limited series. In the actor’s category, in my personal choices I wouldn’t give Bettany the award, I think it’s the most different performance, but I think McGregor will take it, I don’t think it’s a bad performance, it’s just ok, but I think they’ll catch the bait. And Rodriguez is leading, she is making an Emmy and Oscar winner, interpreting the song that even gave her the prize. But I would give it to Hanh. I think you guys realized how I like Wandavision lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t care, Keeley Hawes should be winning supporting actress.

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

I would give the award to Taylor-Joy, but between Coel, Mbedu, Olsen and Winslet I think I could go to anyone, and Anya is probably being nominated for an Oscar this year, so she will have her moment

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Performances that are central to a show like Mbedu’s are almost never snubbed especially when the show has broad support. Can you imagine Unorthodox missing Haas’ acting nomination, performances like those carry the show. In fact, the most vulnerable one is Olsen now.
    Kidman may surprise, and as a contender Erivo may simply get in as a result of voters checking off without seeing the show. She is a known actress that will appear on the ballot as playing Aretha Franklin. Other than these seven I don’t think anyone is a contender really.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Performances that are central to a show like Mbedu’s are almost never snubbed especially when the show has broad support. Can you imagine Unorthodox missing Haas’ acting nomination, performances like those carry the show. In fact, the most vulnerable one is Olsen now.
    Kidman may surprise, and as a contender Erivo may simply get in as a result of voters checking off without seeing the show. She is a known actress that will appear on the ballot as playing Aretha Franklin. Other than these seven I don’t think anyone is a contender really.

It’s different tho, Haas was Unorthodox. Thuso isn’t The Underground Railroad, in fact there are at least 4 episodes where she barely appears or not appear at all.

I do think she’s safe tho

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know Solos is widely predicted (by me as well) to be a flop, but I can’t help but feel like Aduba is being perfectly set up to have her own Seven Seconds moment…

Pls not Uzo Aduba winning another Emmy over Jean Smart 💀💀💀…

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

It’s different tho, Haas was Unorthodox. Thuso isn’t The Underground Railroad, in fact there are at least 4 episodes where she barely appears or not appear at all.

Perhaps it’s time to confess that I’m yet to start watching the show, I just heard from someone who watched all of it that he can’t imagine her getting snubbed.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.