Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

An interesting question is whether The Queen’s Gambit beats Watchmen’s nomination count (26). The show is even stronger than Watchmen was going into nominations, but the ensemble isn’t as strong and I don’t think it will get the number of acting nominations Watchmen did.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

An interesting question is whether The Queen’s Gambit beats Watchmen’s nomination count (26). The show is even stronger than Watchmen was going into nominations, but the ensemble isn’t as strong and I don’t think it will get the number of acting nominations Watchmen did.

I’m only predicting three acting noms for TQG. ATJ, Camp and Heller.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Yeah, The Queen’s Gambit is very much the Anya Taylor-Joy Show, it’s unlikely to get the volume of acting nominations of series that had more of an ensemble cast.

Though with its degree of popularity, you never know who might get carried along for the ride, I suppose.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Queen’s Gambit ends up having the same acting nominations as Chernobyl. The only difference is its lead is win competitive.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit is almost an one woman show, but it’s so big and actors love it so much that it might coattail another people other than Camp.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Crafts will make The Queen’s Gambit way more difficult to lose, all I’m saying.
    Metacritic is good but it’s not all that is, remember Atlanta with 97 MC Score losing to Maisel 80 MC Score, and both shows were buzzed about.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

It won’t. It doesn’t have the advantage of having multiple submissions and hence, nominations in stuff like directing, editing, cinematography like Watchmen. And as someone said, it’s basically a one woman show and the competition is strong enough to keep out the smaller irrelevant actors.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit is almost an one woman show, but it’s so big and actors love it so much that it might coattail another people other than Camp.

That’s why I’m also predicting Ingram. She in on The Tragedy Of Macbeth and was recently cast on a Star Wars show. She also opens and closes the show, kinda.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

SNL doing a parody of Mare of Easttown, for sure has buzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaKZi6p6sxg

Although they also did for The Undoing and that was that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They also did a skit for A Teacher hehe.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Although they also did for The Undoing and that was that.

When? I thought it was only Chloe as Nicole/Grace during the Gullani courtroom sketch.

They also did a skit for A Teacher hehe.

Off topic but Ego deserves an Emmy just for the line-reading of “You’re pulling a C- in my class, that’s not hot for me. You can barely read”.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Hollywood8651
    Topics:

The problem The Queen’s Gambit has in acting is that its performances are cold and its supporting ensemble isn’t filled to the brim with performances that inspire much passion. The only performers who seem to have any passion or buzz (outside Taylor-Joy) are Camp, Heller and Ingram. For every Watchmen and Succession we have a Fleabag and a Chernobyl. With how competitive the supporting actor category is I don’t even think Paapa Essiedu is making it in for I May Destroy You (and he gives one of the most acclaimed performances in that category this year).

If I’m honest (this is just me) the only other cast members I have seen get heavily talked about is Brodie-Sangster (I’ve also seen him get talked about because of that new show Pistols he’s going to be in), Ingram and Heller and I can totally see all three of them getting in due to the shows popularity. The only reason I really saw Camp get talked about was after the SAG nomination which isn’t to say he wasn’t really good but I think people have overestimated him Emmy wise (though if eligible I can still see him getting in). As for the rest of the cast I can’t see them getting in, poor Melling never really got as much traction from the show apart for people being amazed about the difference from Harry Potter. But yeah, Brodie-Sangster, Camp and Heller are probably my best bets and Ingram will definitely slide her way in there if they get in. Though I don’t think any will win.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Meanwhile Big Little Lies in 2017:

The way Damon Lindelof dragged BLL last year saying it would be cheating if Watchmen were to have a second season after winning Outstanding Limited Series…

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Ingram and Brodie-Sangster did absolutely nothing and would be coattails. I think there will be too many better performances with passion and support for the two of them to get in purely because of the strength of their show. Recent Limited Supporting coattails (John Leguizamo, Marsha Stephanie Blake, Margaret Qualley for example) had more going for them in terms of performance and/or reputation in the industry.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Margaret Qualley

I haven’t watched Fosse/Verdon, but as a The Leftovers fan, the fact that Qualley has an acting Emmy nomination and Justin Theroux doesn’t still makes me laugh.

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.