Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(and the follow-up from a Chernobyl creative).

Neither Brad Ingelsby nor Craig Zobel worked on Chernobyl.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I guess what I’m trying to say is that whilst Mare can happen in series (and right now I do think it will happen as I have it in 4th), it’s kind of ridiculous to call it a lock (at least until the finale)

Please direct me to a single person who called it a lock in series, because I have not seen anyone spell out those words.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Neither Brad Ingelsby nor Craig Zobel worked on Chernobyl.

My bad. Was confusing Zobel (whom directed eps of HBO’s Leftovers & Westworld) with Craig Mazin (of Chernobyl)

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Please direct me to a single person who called it a lock in series, because I have not seen anyone spell out those words.

You were implied that you were astounded that it was below Small Axe and WandaVision in series.

My point was more that even though I agree with you about it being ahead, it’s not as if there aren’t reasons for others to not have it in their predictions or have it below those shows (similar to what you were saying yourself earlier about The Queen’s Gambit). I’m sorry if it sounded like I was getting too harsh.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The limited field last year was not more competitive than this year’s…

The way only Watchmen and Unorthodox would be competitive for a series nomination this year. It would be a reach to say last year was more competitive than this year, let alone far more competitive smh.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You were implied that you were astounded that it was below Small Axe and WandaVision in series.

I responded to the fact that MOE has not yet cracked the top 5 with “Which BTW is strange,” meaning I am surprised, no astounded. Then I went on to say, “At this point, I think it’s more likely than both Small Axe and WandaVision, no?”. I never called it a lock for series; all I said was that I think it’s ahead, not that it is ahead. There’s a difference, wolfali.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way only Watchmen and Unorthodox would be competitive for a series nomination this year. It would be a reach to say last year was more competitive than this year, let alone far more competitive smh.

Little Fires Everywhere would probably be like 10th

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Little Fires Everywhere would probably be like 10th

I think it wouldn’t even be in the top 10.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean apart from maybe Watchmen and Unorthodox what show would have done well or even better this year than it did last?

Unbelievable couldn’t even land a DGA nomination for its Emmy incumbent which even The Undoing managed to get. Mrs. America was one of the best shows on television last year and Cate Blanchett would have been nominated (and Aduba probably would have as well) but its winter awards performance wasn’t as different as something like The Good Lord Bird. Even places where Normal People did well, it still had significant misses due to the competition (it missed series at AACTA, Writing at BAFTA and Actor at the Globes). Mescal probably would have made it in still but it would probably struggle in this writing lineup. Little Fires Everywhere more or less get in anywhere there was a show ineligible or suffered from foreign bias (Unorthodox at SAG, Unorthodox and Normal People at WGA, both those shows, Small Axe and I May Destroy You at DGA). I do think Lynn Shelton would have made it into directing but I doubt it would even be above any of the shows that are in the top 10 in the predictions centre (apart from maybe Genius).

Obviously we still have to wait and see the reception Halston and Ewan McGregor receive but would the win have been such a slam dunk for Ruffalo? We do know he would have beaten Hugh Grant and Ethan Hawke but would he be that easily ahead of McGregor or even Edgerton?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m surprised so many people liked Little Fires Everywhere. I thought it was trash, despite Reese Witherspoon. Maybe I’m too cynical for melodramas.

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

as far as UK reactions go, i feel like Colin was the fan fave among the IAS supporting men, if anyone. that, plus strong reactions to episode 3.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I’m gonna be honest, unless it really tanks the finale which seems so unlikely right now, I don’t think “Mare of Easttown” runs the risk of pulling an “Undoing.” For one, the show as a whole is much more revered and praised than even the best parts of “The Undoing” ever was. It is airing at the exact right time to capture buzz and is so much more interesting and involved in aspects of the show outside of the “whodunit” that, at the end of the day, was the only real driving force of “The Undoing.” Winslet’s performance is getting career-high reviews while Kidman was seen as good but nothing new (the better comparison for Winslet is probably Grant, actually) and there seems to be a much greater respect for this show as more than a soapy murder mystery like many pegged “The Undoing” as. Even if “Mare” has a fine finale, the show already has more goodwill in these lead up episodes than “Undoing” ever had.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Solos trailer.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://contenderstv2021p1.splashthat.com/

Notable performers not attending:

– The supporting cast of The Underground Railroad
    – Anyone other than John Boyega and Steve McQueen from Small Axe
    – The cast and crew of Mare of Easttown
    – The cast and crew of I May Destroy You
    – The cast and crew of Hamilton
    – Donald Sutherland
    – Olly Alexander and Keeley Hawes
    – Paul Bettanny
    – Moses Ingram
    – Jessie Buckley
    – The cast of Solos

Notable inclusions:

– Lydia West and Russell T. Davies
    – Courtney B. Vance
    – Teyonah Parris
    – Marielle Heller and Bill Camp
    – Thuso Mbedu and Joel Edgerton
    – Krysta Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

I just got to know that Mrs. America had a higher rating in Metacritic than Watchmen 😮 that too with more number of reviews.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.