Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

I just got to know that Mrs. America had a higher rating in Metacritic than Watchmen 😮 that too with more number of reviews.

Quite deservedly imo

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I want to know why HBO haven’t tried as hard as they can to get Scenes From a Marriage out on time. Is it because they already have I May Destroy YouIt’s a SinMare of Easttown, Oslo and The Undoing?

I mean Oscar Isaac could have been a strong contender to win this category this year if it was any good but whatever.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Am I the only who thinks Kate Winslet gives the best performance among the top contenders?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Am I the only who thinks Kate Winslet gives the best performance among the top contenders?

No. People have been saying this for the past two weeks.

I still have a soft spot for Coel’s work but if anyone is overthrowing her in my personal awards at this point, it’s Winslet.

I’ve just been even more blown away by her performance with each passing week!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Haven’t seen EP 4 yet and people are talking she knocked it out of the park there, but on EP 2 she easily did the best of any so far (Mbedu still to be seen)

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I want to know why HBO haven’t tried as hard as they can to get Scenes From a Marriage out on time. Is it because they already have I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Mare of Easttown, Oslo and The Undoing?

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I want to know why HBO haven’t tried as hard as they can to get Scenes From a Marriage out on time. Is it because they already have I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Mare of Easttown, Oslo and The Undoing?

The answer is in your question x

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/05/halston-family-negative-reaction-to-ryan-murphy-ewan-mcgregor-netflix-series

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/05/halston-family-negative-reaction-to-ryan-murphy-ewan-mcgregor-netflix-series

I figured this would happen.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That being said when was the last time Ryan Murphy made a show that wasn’t controversial?

I don’t actually think it will affect its Emmy chances but I guess what I was more trying to point out is that it feels like every show in this race has been mired by controversy. Apart from Mare of Easttown?

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Genius: Aretha, Pistol, House of Gucci and now this. Gloria Steinem was also against Mrs. America. Versace family didn’t approve ACS yet it won.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pistol,

?

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

?

FX limited series about Sex Pistols by Danny Boyle. The lead singer Johnny Rotten says he is going to sue.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FX limited series about Sex Pistols by Danny Boyle. The lead singer Johnny Rotten says he is going to sue.

Oh I’m looking forward to that show! I love Danny Boyle (Trainspotting is iconic).

Yeah like I said I was more fascinated in how much controversy some of these shows this year have attracted. I doubt Halston‘s awards chances will be affected by this.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

It’s more telling that Halston reviews are still embargo and show premieres Friday.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.