Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 7 is now open.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Some IMDB scores
    Mare of Easttown #5 9.6
    Queen’s Gambit finale 9.3
    Wandavision #5 9.1, #8 9.0
    I May Destroy You finale 8.8

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Underground Railroad (I plan on doing so this weekend) but I will be rooting hard for Thuso Mbedu (a fellow South African, yay!). I hope she becomes our first Emmy winning actor!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I haven’t seen The Underground Railroad (I plan on doing so this weekend) but I will be rooting hard for Thuso Mbedu (a fellow South African, yay!). I hope she becomes our first Emmy winning actor!

You will not be disappointed, Kay. She’s brilliant.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Jared Harris didn’t win Best Actor so Anya Taylor-Joy could do that too…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I guess this parallel could make sense if on nomination day, some show pulls out 8 nominations out of nowhere and people like Niecy Nash and Aunjanue Ellis get lead acting nods and The Queen’s Gambit underperforms with actors (which i found really a distant thought).

If anything, i think it will be The Queen’s Gambit who will pull out a When They See Us and get nominations for other people (Bill Camp at SAG people).

Anyway, my point is Actors gravitated more with WTSU that year which really helped Jerome, tech with Chernobyl, TQG seems to have both…

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Two different situations. Chernobyl wasn’t an actors show and whilst Harris was win worthy, his performance wasn’t the centre of the show’s buzz (i.e. the show wasn’t coat-tailing to him). Likewise he also lost to a newcomer. The Queen’s Gambit is coat-tailing to Taylor-Joy and she is the newcomer.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Anya Taylor-Joy is the only actor from TQG that deserves awards recognition. This doesn’t mean that I’m not predicting anyone from the supporting cast.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Liza Minnelli Krysta Rodriguez at the 73rd Emmys in September…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mare of Easttown #5 9.6

Me to the writer of Mare of Easttown right now when it comes to the finale:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

If anything, i think it will be The Queen’s Gambit who will pull out a When They See Us and get nominations for other people (Bill Camp at SAG people).

It’s not impossible for TQG to max out acting wise. On its best day, I think gets 4-6, worst day is just ATJ & one supporting player.

Most to least likely

• Anya Taylor-Joy
    • Bill Camp
    • Marielle Heller
    • Ilsa Johnston
    • Moses Ingram
    • Thomas Brodie-Sangster

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

My fear with Peters is that voters won’t recognize the great work he’s doing :/ It’s so easy to overlook the nuance he adds to his character.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Some IMDB scores Mare of Easttown #5 9.6 Queen’s Gambit finale 9.3 Wandavision #5 9.1, #8 9.0 I May Destroy You finale 8.8

Wandavision having a score higher than IMDY is tragic.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It feels like The Underground Railroad has no audience buzz.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.