Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 502 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The irony considering how weak Actor is lol.

True, but I prefer Hawke’s performance to anything I saw in the category last year.

So far, my nominees would be:

1. Ethan Hawke – The Good Lord Bird
    2. Tahar Rahim – The Serpent (we need answers Netflix)
    3. Jude Law – The Third Day
    4. Nick Robinson – A Teacher
    5. Paul Bettany – WandaVision/Seth Rogen – An American Pickle/Bryan Cranston – Your Honor (though Cranston’s show was awful)

I’ll reassess this when I finish The Underground Railroad, Halston, Oslo and The Comey Rule. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to have a fully informed ranking because I don’t think I’ll have time to see Uncle Frank, Them, The Stand or 7500. Sadly I just didn’t find Alexander good enough, Rock was bad, and Grant is the worst performance I’ve seen in the category so far.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

What? She should be winning. This already endless conversation about Anya vs Kate reminds of the debates between Regina and Cate last year, when imo, the deserving winner was also the newcomer with Shira Haas.

Olsen Should win

And Joy & Winslet will win

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not even bothering with Your Honor, Them or 7500 (I will try Uncle Frank and The Stand though).

At the moment mine would be:

1. Tennant (but he’s ineligible at the Emmys…)
    2. Parkes (but he was submitted in supporting)
    3. McGregor
    4. Rahim (but he wasn’t submitted…)
    5. Alexander

Paul Bettany (in WandaVision) was fine. Hugh Grant was awful. Nick Robinson was eh. I thought Chris Rock’s performance was a joke (I did like Buckley, Turman and Whishaw though).

Starting The Good Lord Bird after I finish The Underground Railroad, then I’ll probably go on to An American Pickle, The Third Day and The Comey Rule.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

2. Parkes (but he was submitted in supporting)
    3. McGregor
    4. Rahim (but he wasn’t submitted…)
    5. Alexander
    6. Sandy (Small Axe : Education lead but he’s in supporting too)

I included Rahim because unlike Tennant, he’s technically eligible – Netflix just aren’t submitting The Serpent. I followed the Emmy category placements for the rest (hence no Parkes). Also thanks for reminding me about Grant because I literally forgot him. I actually thought he was even worse than Rock.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I included Rahim because unlike Tennant, he’s technically eligible – Netflix just aren’t submitting The Serpent. I followed the Emmy category placements for the rest (hence no Parkes). Also thanks for reminding me about Grant because I literally forgot him. I actually thought he was even worse than Rock.

Oh of course. I was just posting a glimpse of how my personal awards lineup will look like!

FYC:

Profile picture
    ivanrc04946310
    Topics:

Mare of Easttown’s Episode 5 just crossed 2k votes on imdb with a 9,6 score. The show is at 8,5 with 11k votes so far. That’s pretty impressive. Unfortunately HBO hasn’t released the ratings for that ep yet. I’m really curious to see how it goes from now on

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

He’s ineligible? Doesn’t SundanceTV usually submit their British acquisitions?

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Doesn’t SundanceTV usually submit their British acquisitions?

They submitted The Cry for the International Emmys so I assume they’ll do the same with Des.

That reminds me, she should be sweeping (if Netflix bothered to submit The Serpent sigh).

FYC:

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

He’s ineligible? Doesn’t SundanceTV usually submit their British acquisitions?

As you say, I think it was an acquisition rather than a co-production:

“Foreign television production is ineligible unless it is the result of a co-production (both financially and creatively) between U.S. and foreign partners, which precedes the start of production, and with a purpose to be shown on U.S. television.”

The Serpent was a co-production at the outset.

For Your Consideration:

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

As you say, I think it was an acquisition rather than a co-production: “Foreign television production is ineligible unless it is the result of a co-production (both financially and creatively) between U.S. and foreign partners, which precedes the start of production, and with a purpose to be shown on U.S. television.” The Serpent was a co-production at the outset.

Where com you from?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Foreign television production is ineligible unless it is the result of a co-production (both financially and creatively) between U.S. and foreign partners, which precedes the start of production, and with a purpose to be shown on U.S. television.”

I do wonder how Luther season 1 still got nominated though lol. That season was solely produced by the BBC (UK).

FYC:

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I do wonder how Luther season 1 still got nominated though lol. That season was solely produced by the BBC (UK).

The rules sometimes aren’t enforced is the simple answer. It seems that they’ve gotten more strict about eligibility since then (but I’m not sure if this particular rule has been amended – maybe someone else can provide some insight).

Where com you from?

The UK.

For Your Consideration:

Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

You can’t watch The Undoing and tell me Nicole Kidman isn’t deserving. Her work in the finale is especially brilliant. Whether you liked the show or not doesn’t matter. It was a huge hit and Nicole delivered. With Nine Perfect Strangers out of contention, she’s getting nominated for her work as Grace. As she should.

As much as I would love her to be nominated and as deserving as she is, I wonder if the TV academy will be biased against Olsen’s work in WandaVision purely for the sake of spiting Marvel?

For reasons unknown, Amanda Peet has been disgracefully overlooked for her work in Dirty John. Honestly, if each voter truthfully watched every pilot of these limited series, Peet is right there giving it her all!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You can’t watch The Undoing and tell me Nicole Kidman isn’t deserving. Her work in the finale is especially brilliant. Whether you liked the show or not doesn’t matter. It was a huge hit and Nicole delivered. With Nine Perfect Strangers out of contention, she’s getting nominated for her work as Grace. As she should.

FYC:

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Let me be the first then. Not only was the show extremely mediocre but Nicole managed to be one of the worst aspects of it. Her and the show getting near nominations would be atrocious.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.