Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The Underground Railroad could very well end up only getting a Series nominations with the support from creative categories. I think a shut out in acting is very possible.

I already believe the show won’t have Supporting Actors nominated because of how many they are and how difficult it is to single out one or two of them.

Edgerton plays (masterfully) a too over the top evil villain and the problem Mbedu has to face is that her competition is a extremely baity performance (Erivo) and a popular standout (Olsen).

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

It was Riley (@9) that previously mentioned double acting nominations outside of guest acting occur when the contender is win-competitive for one of them (Jeff Daniels, Patricia Arquette, Sarah Paulson), as a result Renee Elise Goldsberry is definitely not happening for Hamilton, she should deservedly get nominated for Girls5eva.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t know about audience buzz, but Mbedu is being pushed everywhere, she’s doing interviews for every site and unlike Olsen she is in a very relevant show with and about diversity.

I think Olsen is the most vulnerable.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

And Thuso is an absolute pro. I interviewed her, and what she had to say about her preparation process was absolutely fascinating. Plus, she’s full of energy and always happy to discuss her work, which is always a plus.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Edgerton is very good in The Underground Railroad but my reason for the Byrne comparison is because the reception to both their performances seem to have eery similarities. Edgerton’s performance doesn’t seem to have been met as warmly by viewers as some of his co-stars’ performances have and outside of some critics reviews, no one seems to cite him as a standout (a bit like Byrne in retrospect to Blanchett and some of the Mrs. America supporting ladies). Both Thuso Mbedu and Aaron Pierre have gotten more attention in reviews. Sheila Atim too. His character also isn’t one shining with sympathy which I think could ultimately hurt him considering the subject matter of the show (on the contrary Byrne’s character was arguably the hero of Mrs. America).

It was Riley (@9) that previously mentioned double acting nominations outside of guest acting occur when the contender is win-competitive for one of them (Jeff Daniels, Patricia Arquette, Sarah Paulson),

I think Jean Smart is getting nominated for both Hacks and Mare of Easttown and will win for one of them.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I think Jean Smart is getting nominated for both Hacks and Mare of Easttown

At this point, I only second this!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Smart feels like the Patricia Arquette of this year. She’s an actress whose fame has originated from television and has been going through a career renaissance these past few years (Arquette with Boyhood, Smart with Fargo and Watchmen) and now has a buzzy year with two contrasting performances. Now (whilst this isn’t necessarily the case with her turn in Hacks) Smart’s turn in Mare doesn’t seem to have attracted as much buzz as either of Arquette’s but Mare of Easttown is a far bigger audience hit than either The Act or Escape at Dannemora were and her performance does seem to have struck some passion with viewers (not as much as Winslet’s of course but Smart and Peters’ performances have been mentioned in more and more articles as the show has progressed with comparisons to their contrasting turns in Hacks and WandaVision).

Patricia Arquette won with her most recent performance whilst she lost for the performance she swept the winter awards to a performer with another critically buzzed about turn but who also happened to be considered overdue in recognition. So I think we could see a similar thing happen this year and Smart wins one of the categories she’s contending for.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.