Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Yep and the runner up was more than likely unorthodox that this forum was considering a long shot lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I think unless Mare f***s up its finale, we have a clear top 3 that includes it, The Queen’s Gambit and I May Destroy You.

I think it will still get into Series because everybody respects Barry Jenkins.

Can’t this argument also be made for Steve McQueen though?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

The promo for The Underground Railroad has been so lazy and garbage. Pumping out THEM’s juices and relying on its controversy but doing the bare minimum for this. Amazon did the same thing with Small Axe. Black auteurs not getting the viewership they deserve. It’s not a popular subject matter, but there is no excuse for the slack when these are by Oscar winning directors of Best Picture WINNERS.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

For now i think is just like Mrs America when everyone thought early on that it could be a threat to Watchmen.

It’s a good comparison, but I think Mrs. America actually was #2 last year (or maybe #3, it was probably close between it and Unorthodox). It ended up getting all the nominations expected apart from Sarah Paulson which was understable. Are Mbedu and Edgerton even happening? I really don’t want it to happen but watch Nicole Kidman getting the last nod…

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The promo for The Underground Railroad has been so lazy and garbage. Pumping out THEM’s juices and relying on its controversy but doing the bare minimum for this. Amazon did the same thing with Small Axe. Black auteurs not getting the viewership they deserve. It’s not a popular subject matter, but there is no excuse for the slack when these are by Oscar winning directors of Best Picture WINNERS.

I do agree with this. They are pushing THEM real hard.
    It’s like they said, there’s no such thing as bad press right. They are monetizing the hell out of this show.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Can’t this argument also be made for Steve McQueen though?

It sure can. I actually think they’ll battle for the spot, but since the praise for The Underground Railroad is higher, Jenkins has the upper hand.

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s a good comparison, but I think Mrs. America actually was #2 last year (or maybe #3, it was probably close between it and Unorthodox). It ended up getting all the nominations expected apart from Sarah Paulson which was understable. Are Mbedu and Edgerton even happening? I really don’t want it to happen but watch Nicole Kidman getting the last nod…

Yeah, i think Mrs America was #3, Little Tires #4 and Unbelievable #5. But my point is more of the ‘threat to win’ parallel, reminds me a bit. I thought myself that Mrs America had a chance because how baity it was, and then… Well.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Julia Garner turns up on nominations day for Inventing Anna (even though the show isn’t even coming out this season lol):

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Wendy Williams has been doing a crap ton of campaigning for her lifetime doc “What a Mess” (aired jointly with her biopic). Considering she doesn’t even do FYC’s for her actual show at the Daytime Emmys and the less-than-competitiveness of the TV Movie, I can’t how the Lifetime isn’t at least top 10.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It sure can. I actually think they’ll battle for the spot, but since the praise for The Underground Railroad is higher, Jenkins has the upper hand.

Watch how one of It’s a Sin or The Good Lord Bird slip in instead lol.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Undoing snatching that 5th slot

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Undoing snatching that 5th slot

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

I hope The Undoing/Nicole snatch that 5th spot over Wandavision.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

WandaVision/Olsen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Undoing/Kidman

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

WandaVision/Olsen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Undoing/Kidman

By a mile actually
    Olsen on episode 8 >>>>> all of Nicole Kidman in The Undoing.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.