Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And Users voting en masse is a good sign.

Did I say it wasn’t? No. I was more saying that comparing Mare‘s total IMDB votes for the show as a whole before the finale aired with its total votes less than two weeks after it has finished airing is misleading. I for example didn’t register my vote for the show until the finale aired and I assume a majority of IMDB users did the same.

I agree with you that The Underground Railroad‘s tally is very concerning. It hasn’t even reached 1k US votes on IMDB yet like Mrs. America did at this point.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

That’s not going to happen. Like, at all. And I’m saying this as someone who loved the show. I don’t even think Peters is happening. He has been snubbed before for more acclaimed performances (Cult says hi) and his arc isn’t even that big. Right now I’m only going with Winslet and Nicholson.

Jean Smart is probably happening too. She’ll get double nominations.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You don’t even think Smart is gonna happen, Estrelas?

I don’t think Peters’ track record matters. None of the AHS installments have been as well-received as Mare, in which he takes center stage in the biggest episode of the season. I think circumstances are different. Then again, we have slap-the-stud, plus the fact that voters might not consider this an “acting showcase,” which would be such a shame.

I would never say it’s impossible though. We really don’t know.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Right now I’m only going with Winslet and Nicholson.

I don’t see why Smart should miss. If she misses I actually do think it would put her in danger when it comes to being win competitive for Hacks considering how we’ve seen performers land double nominations when they’re win competitive and have buzz for two projects (see Patricia Arquette or Sarah Paulson).

There also seems to be a lot of passion for her performance.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

You don’t even think Smart is gonna happen, Estrelas? 

To be honest, I do but I’m also not sure, at the same time. I think Nicholson really stole everyone’s attention with the finale and Smart, even though incredible, wasn’t THAT showy. But like Wolfali said, she has Hacks and she’s win competitive for that, so she could coattail Mare with her.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Smart has a typical Emmy-friendly role in a hit miniseries. She’s in every episode, having worthy moments all round, she’s doing both comedy and drama, and her chemistry with Kate is a highlight. This woman is not only a legend, but a very popular name among Emmy voters, having her time of her life with this show and Hacks.  I could imagine Nicholson missing before her, even if I think both should get in.

The only other realistic acting nominee other than the three women is Peters of course, but his role/performance is too subtle and he disappears after a while. Don’t get me wrong, he’d be worthy after all those ugly snubs for AHS, but I feel like they are going to trick him again.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Honeys, The Underground Railroad flopped, it’s the hard truth but we need to accept that.

That said, still think the Emmys are nominating it and one, maybe two actors.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Smart has a typical Emmy-friendly role

I think Smart will get in (and I have her second) but there’s no such thing as a typical Emmy-friendly role lol.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I think Smart will get in (and I have her second) but there’s no such thing as a typical Emmy-friendly role lol.

Veteran actress playing a juicy character in a hit miniseries is what I’m saying 🙂

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If Smart didn’t have Hacks I would feel safer predicting her (I am and will continue to til the last day).
    Since they are already going with her in Hacks full force tho, I can see they giving her up here for someone else.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Like I said I think Smart will get nominated and I would nominate her because what she does with the character is excellent but that role isn’t even the juiciest of the supporting actresses on the show lol. Julianne Nicholson has a baitier role.

Therefore I don’t get the idea that it’s the definition of a typical Emmy bait performance when there’s really no such thing.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Honeys, The Underground Railroad flopped, it’s the hard truth but we need to accept that. That said, still think the Emmys are nominating it and one, maybe two actors.

It’s so disappointing. The fact that so many people didn’t even give it a try, it seems, saddens me so much. I can only hope the directors, writers and below-the-line people go to bat for it, because I don’t think the actors will. Mbedu, Pierre, Rabe, Atim, Harper and many more would all be obvious nominees if people actually watched the show — until the very end. 😔

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Like I said I think Smart will get nominated and I would nominate her because what she does with the character is excellent but that role isn’t even the juiciest of the supporting actresses on the show lol. Julianne Nicholson has a baitier role.

In my humble opinion, Julianne Nicholson had a baity episode, like literally one episode. She knocked out in the part in that one, but Smart had constantly loud and juicy moments in the show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Aaron Pierre should be winning.

That Supporting Actor category is the only one I am not a particular fan of this year because I didn’t really take to either Boyega or Camp’s performances. I preferred Essiedu, Kirby, Parkes, Patrick Harris, Pierre and Scott-Howells’ performances. As well as that of Steve Toussaint’s in John Boyega’s episode of Small Axe.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’m predicting Mbedu for a nomination until the end, it’s not like anyone watched Genius.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.