Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Honestly, who do we think is winning Actress at this point? TQG winning Series but losing Actress to MoE would feel so weird considering it depends way more on ATJ than MoE depends on Winslet.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

it depends way more on ATJ than MoE depends on Winslet

In what sense do you mean that?

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

In what sense do you mean that?

The only thing I can think of is that at least Mare has a good ensemble and interesting characters besides the lead (unlike TQG).

For Your Consideration:

I May Destroy You in all categories
    (especially Michaela Coel in Lead Actress and Writing)

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

The only thing I can think of is that at least Mare has a good ensemble and interesting characters aside from the lead (unlike TQG).

I totally agree with you…It’s very tiring to see people constantly say that Mare does not depend as much on Winslet as TQG depends on ATJ. Just the fact that Mare is probably one of the best ensembles of the year doesn’t take away how much it depends on its lead to give a killer performance..And boy,does she deliver one!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The only thing I can think of is that at least Mare has a good ensemble and interesting characters aside from the lead (unlike TQG).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Anya Taylor-Joy is carrying TQG more than Winslet carried Mare. The latter could have been made with any A-List actress and the result would probably have been similar or the show would have been as popular. While Anya, not only because she was the lead, was the face of the show and became a revelation for many. Her popularity and her performance’s popularity surpasses the show’s. But it’s not surprising that her usual haters here disagree with that, and it’s fine, because everyone has its personal taste. But you have to remind yourselves that you are a minority here.

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

But it’s not surprising that her usual haters here disagree with that, and it’s fine, because everyone has its personal taste. But you have to remind yourselves that you are a minority here.

No one in this discussion disgraced ATJ. Not at all. ATJ gave a terrific performance and everyone agrees to that..the discussion is not that..it is Just that everyone made a point that both actresses carry their shows.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I actually agree that Amya became the face of the show, but I would also argue that Kate was a huge draw when it came to Mare of Easttown.  I completely disagree that any A-List actress would have attracted as much buzz, because what Kate did with this role, and how it compares to some of her past roles and turns, is I think a huge reason why people tuned in and emphasized with this world.

Nailing Mare, the character, was IMO always more difficult than nailing Beth — not in terms of performance, but in terms of perception, if that makes sense. Beth, even to a degree when she has her decent into alcoholism, is always glamorous, which is what people strangely love when it comes to female characters and also means that there was always going to be more of an openness to Beth’s story. Kate, on the other hand, is playing a character whom people rushed to label “unlikeable,” because she’s not glamorous, she doesn’t look like a model; no, Kate made the conscious decision to look and act like a real person living in this Pennsylvania town. So saying anyone could have played this part is just bizarre. But anyway, I have no idea what I’m even saying here anymore.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have no idea who’s winning.
    I can see Coel winning as well to be honest, so for me is a 3-way race.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

I have no idea who’s winning.
    I can see Coel winning as well to be honest, so for me is a 3-way race.

Coel winning would be so deserved. So would an ATJ or Winlset win be. Kudos to strong female performances carrying their shows efficiently

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

A Thuso Mbedu win would be spectacular as well.

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

A Thuso Mbedu win would be spectacular as well.

Yep surely..Olsen winning would also be so iconic cause it would be so great to see the TV Academy embracing Marvel as fine arts.
    As everyone has said before,this top 5 is one of the best this category has seen. I’d call this lineup as great as the 2006 Best Actress Oscar Lineup (Cruz, Dench, Mirren, Streep, Winslet)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Coel winning would be so deserved. So would an ATJ or Winlset win be. Kudos to strong female performances carrying their shows efficiently

She took home 5 BAFTAs for the show and if she wins TCA then I think she will come for blood.
    Only thing that hurts her is that she’s barely campaigning while Anya is full force and Kate is doing some very good press as well.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

She took home 5 BAFTAs for the show and if she wins TCA then I think she will come for blood.

It was so heartening to truly see BAFTA appreciate the splendor of IMDY and Coel get her due.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Yeah I agree with you. If anything I think it would just mean that Sony (who ultimately owns the rights to The Crown) moves the show to another one of its outfits. Or… https://variety.com/2020/tv/global/suzanne-mackie-departs-the-crown-producer-left-bank-pictures-sets-up-new-production-outfit-1234815441/

Well then they have once again made something of a kiss, think for example of The Emoji Movie, Venom, OUATIH

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.