Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

You’re overdoing depth for a character that doesn’t exist. Her only point of existence in the story is to either smile or walk into a hallway to listen to a phone call about how someone died, and it recycles throughout the show. Even in the end, her only personality trait ends on being a gay’s hag and nothing else. That’s literally her only point of existence in this entire story: to be the one female friend to all these gays and nothing else. His analyzation of her lack of personality is on point. Good for you that you were about to like this characterization of her, but it’s completely understandable as to why others didn’t. It’s also partly the reason why this show is so overrated: people create depth for this show when it’s purely just gays having sex or dying over and over again. If you want to watch the better version of this show that isn’t twinked out by a British gay, Pose is that with far better actors and actresses, and a less generic plot with better characters

Pose being better than It’s a Sin in any possible regard is a take… A weird and baseless one, but still… a take.

None of the things you said about Jill are true. She is not there to be just a friend. She had storylines with her co-workers, with her job in the theater, with her parents, with her singing abilities. To not have a boyfriend does not equal having no personality, this is is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read here.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Pose being better than It’s a Sin in any possible regard is a take… A weird and baseless one, but still… a take.

None of the things you said about Jill are true. She is not there to be just a friend. She had storylines with her co-workers, with her job in the theater, with her parents, with her singing abilities. To not have a boyfriend does not equal having no personality, this is is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read here.

Each time I see one of your posts:

But to be serious, Pose is the one with the Emmy and is a series nominee, IAS will be lucky to be nominated for a tech category so my take is well founded. And did I miss half the show because none of this happened except for the theater thing in the pilot as an introduction to her?

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Variety asked 130 industry professionals what their Emmy picks were, and I May Destroy You dominated with a percentage almost triple the second-placed contender across drama/comedy/limited.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/emmys-2021-contenders-picks-i-may-destroy-you-1234999437/

It’s a Sin is number 7 overall and number 4 between the Limited series, waw, not an underdog after all….

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

But to be serious, Pose is the one with the Emmy and is a series nominee, IAS will be lucky to be nominated for a tech category so my take is well founded. And did I miss half the show because none of this happened except for the theater thing in the pilot as an introduction to her?

Your take is ridiculous and not well founded at all since is based on a prediction. And yes, you missed half the show, because she is not an actress in the pilot, she is a student. Much further, she becomes a part of a very successful play that goes for years. To be a bully is easy, to have good arguments is hard.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The rumored frontrunner having a story against him coming out soon was indeed Boyega

https://t.co/HNRwy2O1dR

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

The rumored frontrunner having a story against him coming out soon was indeed Boyega https://t.co/HNRwy2O1dR

I really doubt this will matter much.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The rumored frontrunner having a story against him coming out soon was indeed Boyega https://t.co/HNRwy2O1dR

I can’t believe Feinberg created all this hype for something most of us already knew.💀

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I knew it. He’s got delusions of grandeur. That’s his career done. And he wasn’t even that phenomenal in Small Axe, can we say that now?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It could for pissing off producers and Netflix and coming out as unprofessional in the whole industry

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s not like Boyega was a clear absolutely frontrunner tho
    Camp is pretty much on his beck

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’d rather have Aaron Pierre or Evan Peters win.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I hope Diggs wins this.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Your take is ridiculous and not well founded at all since is based on a prediction. And yes, you missed half the show, because she is not an actress in the pilot, she is a student. Much further, she becomes a part of a very successful play that goes for years. To be a bully is easy, to have good arguments is hard.

My take is well founded since it won’t be competitive to win for anything anyways and once again Pose is the Emmy winner. I could also show IAS’ flatline on Google trends with Pose vs It’s A Sin to see how more relevant it is but you can do that research yourself. And so what if I mixed up her storyline? 💀 it is so irrelevant to the rest of the show. But good of you to ignore how the rest of your stuff that you said wasn’t true. Your arguments are always so yawn inducing since most of the time you have to invent new stuff to win said arguments. Anyways.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Dozens of crew members on the project were let go after Boyega’s departure as the production disbanded. The shutdown may be temporary, however. Sources say the new plan is to resume shooting with a new lead early next year.

Industry veterans say they cannot remember an instance in which a star walked away from a movie when filming was underway. “I know actors who wanted to back out of a movie, but nobody actually bails,” says one top executive who is not involved with the movie. “Not once they started shooting.”

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

<i>The Flight Attendant</i> being so low is very concerning.I mean I can understand being lower than <i>Hacks </i>but Perry Mason? Sheesh. I have finally caved and slotted Hannah Einbinder (who I lost 100/1 odds on earlier to slot Naomi Ackie in what is it with Jean and actors from her shows for them to always be doing this to me lmao 💀💀💀). I’m very shocked at Pen15 and It’s a Sin having so many picks. Feeling more confident about my predictions for the latter in writing and my NGNG predictions for Alexander and Erskine.

Is Erskine really NGNG? She seems like a pretty easy pick.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.