Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So with the Boyega story out can the real MVP of Small Axe win supporting actor please?

At the least the London Film Critics Circle agrees with me lol.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

And he wasn’t even that phenomenal in Small Axe, can we say that now?

Parkes, Kirby and Sandy outsold, I’ve been saying that since November.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Toussaint was better than Boyega in his own episode.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And if we’re talking about the show as a whole, how can we ignore these two magnificent performances?

The fact not even BAFTA nominated them… despicable.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Grace
    Topics:

As disappointed I am that this happened (if it did. It could be a bunch of bull), Boyega shouldn’t be in that category in the first place. I’m not sure if this will affect his chances, but as good as he is, I’d rather see an actual supporting performance nominated for Supporting Actor.

I haven’t seen the Underground Railroad but maybe multiple nominations from that show?

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Is Erskine really NGNG? She seems like a pretty easy pick.

She already won the lottery with Michael Angarano. But yeah, it seems that both of them are in.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Variety asked 130 industry professionals what their Emmy picks were, and I May Destroy You dominated with a percentage almost triple the second-placed contender across drama/comedy/limited. https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/emmys-2021-contenders-picks-i-may-destroy-you-1234999437/

OMG they really love PEN15…the girls are coming for those noms

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Wow, I’ve really been rooting for Boyega. That’s disappointing to see. Let’s go Shaun Parkes I guess, though.

Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

The Boyega stuff is (if true) incredibly unprofessional and disappointing. But I will say, I kind of breathed a sigh of relief to read that his actions (apparently) didn’t involve violence or sexual assault…  Given the Russell Crowe comparison in the original blind item, I was expecting much worse in that regard.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

NGNG: Hamilton receives 0 acting nominations.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Only have Diggs right now and kinda ready to drop, but there’s no one else I would predict over him.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

OMG they really love PEN15…the girls are coming for those noms

what do you mean….??

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I saw the first episode of The Comey Rule yesterday. What a nice nap!

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I’m lowkey hoping for this just because I can’t stand seeing it anymore… It feels like it’s been eligible for 3 award seasons now. And it’s still just a taped play. I know that’s acting but I don’t wanna see it anymore.

Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I’m lowkey hoping for this just because I can’t stand seeing it anymore… It feels like it’s been eligible for 3 award seasons now. And it’s still just a taped play. I know that’s acting but I don’t wanna see it anymore.

If anyone deserves an award for taped plays in the last year or two it’s the National Theatre in the UK, who did about ten weeks of streamed, free plays on YouTube during the pandemic, realised there was a market for them overseas and with people with accessibility issues, and created a streaming service within the space of a year. Not Hamilton over and over again.

(Also, Andrew Scott deserves an Emmy for his Present Laughter performance more than anyone in Hamilton. Just saying)

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.