Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If anyone deserves an award for taped plays in the last year or two it’s the National Theatre in the UK, who did about ten weeks of streamed, free plays on YouTube during the pandemic, realised there was a market for them overseas and with people with accessibility issues, and created a streaming service within the space of a year. Not Hamilton over and over again. (Also, Andrew Scott deserves an Emmy for his Present Laughter performance more than anyone in Hamilton. Just saying)

I couldn’t agree with this more!

If Hamilton is allowed to be eligible in the acting categories at the Emmys for a recorded performance then so should each of these iconic awards worthy stage performances that the NT streamed on their service.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

The real Small Axe MVP!!

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

If Limited Series also had 7/8 slots,which shows do you think would have made the cut?

My bet would have been on
    The Queen’s Gambit, Mare Of Easttown, I May Destroy You, WandaVision, The Underground Railroad, It’s A Sin, Small Axe as the top 7.
    Imo,the 8th slot would be a tossup between The Undoing, Genius: Aretha, The Good Lord Bird and Halston.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Limited Series also had 7/8 slots,which shows do you think would have made the cut?

The Queen’s Gambit, I May Destroy You, Mare of Easttown, Wandavision, The Underground Railroad, Small Axe and It’s a Sin.

Genius/The Undoing in 8th.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Not that it really matters but is Kate Winslet doing any campaigning at all?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Not that it really matters but is Kate Winslet doing any campaigning at all?

Honestly not really. I’ve only seen her do one Indiewire interview and HBO’s FYC panel for the show. It’s kind of shocking because Winslet usually campaigns for like everything she’s in that’s a contender.

Maybe she’s too burned out from all that Ammonite campaigning

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

Is the Sharon Stone comment really going to help Winslet? And also Colman? Or none?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t think Winslet cares that much about TV, though. She already has one Emmy and it was a never a priority for her career. If she wins, it will be a win a la Frances McDormand.

I would also argue that she doesn’t need to campaign if there’s enough passion for her to win. ATJ and Michaela needs more campaigning because they are newcomers.

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

I don’t think Winslet cares that much about TV, though. She already has one Emmy and it was a never a priority for her career. If she wins, it will be a win a la Frances McDormand.

I would also argue that she doesn’t need to campaign if there’s enough passion for her to win. ATJ and Michaela needs more campaigning because they are newcomers.

Couldn’t agree more.

Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

Okay. Something weird is happening with John Boyega. Someone on Twitter pointed out that he lost his verified checkmark on his account.

I checked Internet Archive, and the checkmark disappeared on June 18th. He hasn’t tweeted anything since November 2020, so for the checkmark disappearing seems unrelated to anything he would have tweeted.

Is the industry trying to minimize him after the supposed Netflix incident?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

ATJ and Michaela needs more campaigning because they are newcomers.

I love how Jodie Comer did no campaigning whatsoever and still managed to not only get nominated but also win lol in spite of being less known.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Kate doesn’t need to campaign. Everyone has seen Mare and that’s enough. The work will speak for itself.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What are all your thoughts on Mbedu’s chances at a nomination? I feel like she could suffer from a lack of visibility but each of the alternate contenders also feel a bit weak?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Okay. Something weird is happening with John Boyega. Someone on Twitter pointed out that he lost his verified checkmark on his account.

I checked Internet Archive, and the checkmark disappeared on June 18th. He hasn’t tweeted anything since November 2020, so for the checkmark disappearing seems unrelated to anything he would have tweeted.

Is the industry trying to minimize him after the supposed Netflix incident?

He lost the bluemark because he hasn’t been active on Twitter.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

What are all your thoughts on Mbedu’s chances at a nomination? I feel like she could suffer from a lack of visibility but each of the alternate contenders also feel a bit weak?

It’s hard to tell. If voters watched the show, they won’t deny Mbedu the nom. I just don’t know if they have.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.