Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Bad Education was the only deserving nominee in that category 💀💀💀.

The way they nominated American Son still baffles me 💀
    At least is one more nomination for Kerry i guess

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Christmas on the Square deserves to win just by virtue of getting Queen Baranski and Dolly together on one project.

Baranski is actually really good in it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Baranski is actually really good in it.

Per usual.

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It may be pre nomination jittery but i don’t know how to justify 3 acting nominations (that I’m predicting) for The Underground Railroad when no one saw it.
    It’s kinda like In Treatment on the drama side, but at least the names from that show alone does give something going on for them.

Also, I’m really starting to think that I’m underestimating It’s a Sin.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like The Underground Railroad might be this year’s Twin Peaks.

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I feel like The Underground Railroad might be this year’s Twin Peaks.

Of 2017?

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Christmas on the Square deserves to win just by virtue of getting Queen Baranski and Dolly together on one project.

The opening scene of Jenifer Lewis and her gaggle of gays vogueing in the hair salon

Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

Am I crazy to think WandaVision will underperform? I have Kathryn Hahn getting nominated in my predictions, but not Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, or the series itself. Part of that is due to me not having any more space to put them, and another part of that is me thinking that despite Watchmen’s success last year, I don’t think superhero works are going to be a big draw for voters. But maybe I’m wrong?

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Am I crazy to think WandaVision will underperform? I have Kathryn Hahn getting nominated in my predictions, but not Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, or the series itself. Part of that is due to me not having any more space to put them, and another part of that is me thinking that despite Watchmen’s success last year, I don’t think superhero works are going to be a big draw for voters. But maybe I’m wrong?

I had my reservations about WandaVision a few months ago, but at this point I’m pretty confident in it doing very well. It is not only widely seen, but widely critically acclaimed as well. The user Dame Mandy Moore posted a few days ago a list he compiled with the shows that received most mentions on critics’ mid-year favorite shows of the year lists and WandaVision finished 4th above shows like It’s a Sin, Girls5eva and For All Mankind.

The Mandalorian last year had much less in its favor and still made in, so it will be truly surprising if WandaVision miss Series (and Bettany and Olsen) when it has so much more in its favor. On top of all that, the series already received a DGA nomination earlier this year.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I feel like Wandavision beyond being a audience and critical hit, has a lot of passion from most of those who watched.
    I’m not gonna be surprised if it misses, but I don’t think it will.
    Makes me sad that it already was eligible for SAG actually, I think Olsen would easy slip in there.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I feel like The Underground Railroad might be this year’s Twin Peaks.

It’s like not even Amazon employees watched it

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Bettany almost feels like a lock

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

It’s like not even Amazon employees watched it

It feels like it normally would be able to get the highbrow vote, but I May Destroy You seems to be the main beneficiary of that this year.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Watchmen isn’t (and this is true of a number of upcoming, higher budget comic adaptations) an offshoot to an active movie franchise. That’s where I see the resistance, if it does happen.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Watchmen isn’t (and this is true of a number of upcoming, higher budget comic adaptations) an offshoot to an active movie franchise. That’s where I see the resistance, if it does happen.

If you’re going to compare Watchmen to a Superhero series. Then compare it to TFATWS. But, what Watchmen did manage was a good and strong story. We can’t say that about TFATWS. It started very well. in the middle episodes it had its moments. But, it crashed heavily into the ground on the final episode.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.