Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I love them too but that’s too much. I don’t think they were that good to be nominated (partly because they don’t have much to do). Jean Smart and Julianne should rightly get nominated.

Both of them didn’t have any less material than someone like Nicholson who is definitely getting overhyped at this point imo. It’s weird to see all the talk centered on her when Bacon and Graham did equally great work (or even better) and are barely ever mentioned.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, but it’s pretty obvious why Nicholson is getting more buzz: 1) Her big episode is the finale and 2) her character obviously ended up being rather important in terms of the storyline. That said, I agree that Graham and Bacon were equally great.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Why is edgar ramirez campaigning for the undoing? lol

Liv Ullmann's fan account.
    https://letterboxd.com/fletcha/

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Why is edgar ramirez campaigning for the undoing? lol

????

He should be campaigning for Noah Jupe, the real MVP of The Undoing, now that’d be understandable

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit and Mare of Easttown will receive the most acting noms in these categories as they are the top 2 Emmy-prestige series I am confident most voters have watched (and enjoyed). 4-5 acting noms each.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He should be campaigning for Noah Jupe, the real MVP of The Undoing,

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

She too. They’re both WAY ahead of anyone else in the show.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Okay, aside from ATJ and Winslet, who are the other 3-4 nods? For TQG there’s Camp, who I just don’t see getting snubbed, and Heller (who is the supporting standout), and I’m kinda certain Isla Johnston is this year’s Jovan Adepo, but I’m not sure about anyone else. Ingram suffers from lack of screentime (she was barely in the pilot and only in the first part of the finale) and a role that has been accused of being stereotyped, and I’m not sure any of the love interests have strong enough roles to get in (but yeah, Brodie-Sangster is more likely seeing as he’s been in A LOT of things and has been working for a long time now, whereas Melling only has the latter to his credit, even though I prefer his performance)

As for MoE, Smart and Nicholson are probably getting in (unless people haven’t seen the finale of MoE which I doubt, it was so popular), but other than them, I don’t see it. Peters getting snubbed for acclaimed roles in AHS makes me think he won’t get in for a much lesser role here (still good though) unless the overdue factor favors him, and everyone else is just too unknown (Graham, Bacon) have too small a role (Pearce) or received mixed reviews (Rice). If any of them get in, it might indicate a MoE upset. Maybe Cailee Spaeny though, she seems like a bit of a rising star and her role was in the pilot and was one of the more acclaimed parts of it (unlike de Angelis in The Undoing for example), but is she even eligible?

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

My predictions for Supporting Actor:

1. John Boyega (the winner)

2. Bill Camp  (this year’s Stellan Skarsgard)

3. Aaron Pierre (unless TUR REALLY underperforms, I see him being at least the only supporting nominee from it, he’s probably the most acclaimed supporting player)

4. Daveed Diggs (SAG nominee, is in The Good Lord Bird as well, his profile has really risen)

5. Paapa Essiedu (IMDY seems like a really strong player and is competing with MoE for the upset position, he’s also really acclaimed)

6. Shaun Parkes (OK, bit of a hopediction here, but he’s the most acclaimed of Small Axe cast and is in the first and most-watched “””episode”””, I think he’s in unless voters just didn’t watch any of SA)

——-

7. Evan Peters (Again, his previous snubs make me think he’s just not that acclaimed in the industry, but if MoE is as strong as it appears then he’s likely in)

8. Thomas Brodie-Sangster (The love interest that appears the most and Brodie-Sangster feels like he’s been in so many things now and is overdue for recognition)

9. Donald Sutherland (Legendary actor, won CC, but also sat in chair for 6 episodes in a series that was completely overshadowed by MoE)

10. Harry Melling (I love him, but he was clearly second fiddle to Brodie-Sangster’s and Lloyd-Fortune’s characters, but he also seemed more well received than them so who knows)

11. William Jackson Harper (I mean, I guess? He was also acclaimed and if voters watched TUR until the end then maybe they could vote for him, he’s also an Emmy nominee, so he’s not an unknown)

12. Malachi Kirby (won BAFTA)

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Acho que </span></span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>The Queen’s Gambit</span></span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”> terá o maior número de indicações para atuação. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Embora eu não esteja prevendo isso, posso ver que </span></span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>I May Destroy You</span></span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”> e </span></span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Mare</span></span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”> serão os próximos da fila e conseguirão três cada (Coel / Essiedu / Opia e Nicholson / Smart / Winslet).</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span class=”” style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Taylor-Joy, Camp, Heller e Brodie-Sangster. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Também posso ver Johnston entrar.</span></span>

I think Wandavision will also have 3 nominations

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Since TQG is a giant hit,  I wouldn’t be surprised if Heller, Ingram, Camp, Brodie-Sanster and Melling all get in.

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

Since TQG is a giant hit, I wouldn’t be surprised if Heller, Ingram, Camp, Brodie-Sanster and Melling all get in.

i have like a huge love for the show but honestly I can’t understand why everyone is so sure about all of those acting noms. Apart from ATJ,I can only see like Heller (I would prefer isla though) and Camp. I can see more noms from other shows

Profile picture
    Grace
    Topics:

Most of the love I’ve seen is for Anya Taylor-Joy. It’s very much a one-woman show. Granted, it’s been a few months and I haven’t checked in on the show’s fandom, but it seems to overwhelmingly favor Anya.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yes to all the above, and i think the fact that Anya Taylor-Joy is her show completely while Kate does share her spotlight makes me wanna go back to predicting Anya.

I will be on this back and forth til September 19th

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/emmys-ongoing-dispute-about-whether-or-not-hamilton-performers-are-eligible-for-acting-noms-1234966958/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting article on whether Hamilton’s performers should be eligible in acting categories.

There’s been some backlash from other Disney + specials saying that they’ve been treated differently.

Personally I think if Jesus Christ Superstar could get 3 acting noms, I don’t know why Hamilton wouldn’t get at least Diggs and Miranda.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.