Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

https://www.thewrap.com/emmywrap-2021-limited-series-movies/

Peters, Rodriguez, Boyega & Opia getting double page spreads as they should.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

https://www.thewrap.com/emmywrap-2021-limited-series-movies/ If anyone is interested. There seems to be a huge push for Cynthia Erivo in this. More so than any of the other potential leading nominees.

The Genius push has truly been something else this season

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

Calling now,
    Mare of Easttown will get
    Winslet,Nicholson,Smart,Bacon and Peters in atleast. (Rice’s role is too divisive, Pearce too useless, Denham too subtle and John Thompson’s role too lacking in buzz..I really think that Bacon begin on Page 1 of ballots helps her a lot.. Winslet is the last name on her ballot.

As much as I want it,I don’t think anyone other than Coel will be nominated for IMDY (annoyingly they submitted only 3 performers).
    While Wandavision has done
    “Too many cooks spoil the broth scenario” by submitting literally everyone.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just throwing it out there but can Krysta Rodriguez miss? Halston seems to be with so little buzz, it came and went.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I feel like The Underground Railroad is either going to break in with a lot of nominations or it is going to get the The Plot Against America treatment.

Profile picture
    ManavD.
    Topics:

Kate Winslet just overtook Michaela Coel in Gold Derby Odds.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

what is nick robinson doing in supporting actor?

Liv Ullmann's fan account.
    https://letterboxd.com/fletcha/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like The Underground Railroad is either going to break in with a lot of nominations or it is going to get the The Plot Against America treatment.

I actually can see it end up being a Twin Peaks situation where the show is well respected but it isn’t loved enough for it to slip into series or any of the acting categories whilst still being able to land nominations in writing, directing and a few below the lines.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sterling K. Brown when he gets nominated for The West Wing Special.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

You didn’t have to remind me about the cruel crime that The Plot Against America suffered.
    They are going to jail.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You didn’t have to remind me about the cruel crime that The Plot Against America suffered. They are going to jail.

Zoe Kazan, Morgan Spector, Anthony Boyle and Winona Ryder were robbed with a capital R.

The fact that CC didn’t even nominate Kazan or Boyle. Despicable.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Zoe Kazan, Morgan Spector, Anthony Boyle and Winona Ryder were robbed with a capital R.

The fact that CC didn’t even nominate Kazan or Boyle. Despicable.

The way Kazan was win worthy sole on the finale

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Plot Against America and Years and Years fans really were done dirty by the TV Academy last year lol.

Profile picture
    DayneOfStarfall
    Topics:

Here are the number of categories the top 8 limited series in the predictions center were submitted/shortlisted in based on the Emmy ballots:

The Queen’s Gambit – 18
    I May Destroy You – 15
    The Underground Railroad – 17
    Mare of Easttown – 17
    WandaVision – 24
    Small Axe – 14
    It’s a Sin – 16
    The Undoing – 18

Every series submitted at least once in Limited Series, Production Design, Casting, Cinematography, Costumes, Directing, Hairstyling, Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Writing, Supporting Actor, and Supporting Actress.

Interesting Things to Note:

• Both Small Axe and IMDY were only submitted for Music Supervision in the music categories, all other series at least submitted for Music Composition.
    • The Undoing and TUR were the only series to not submit in Music Supervision. TQG and WandaVision were the only series to submit in Original Music/Lyrics.
    • WandaVision was the only series to submit in all 4 eligible music categories and the only one to submit for Main Title Theme Music.
    • TQG, WV, and The Undoing all submitted in Main Title Design.
    • IMDY submitted the most in Editing with 6 submissions!
    • TUR, WV, and The Undoing submitted in all 4 acting categories.
    • TUR, Mare, WV, and The Undoing all submitted in Non-Prosthetic Makeup.
    • WandaVision was the only series to be listed in VFX, Stunt Coordination, and Stunt Performance.
    • TQG, IMDY, and Mare did not submit in lead actor, It’s a Sin did not submit in lead actress, and Small Axe did not submit in either lead category.
    Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

The Undoing submitted in Main Title Design.

Gotta be honest, by the end of The Undoing, the only thing I was looking forward to watching in it was the opening music, so if it does get in, good for them.

Small Axe did not submit in either lead category.

They could’ve EASILY got Boyega a win in Lead and Parkes would be win competitive in Supporting.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.