Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 559 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca Giliberti

• Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’m going through some tech nods and my god, The Mandalorian is a tech juggernaut, if it were a thing with actors I would predict for the win, but it tanked.

It got 3 acting nominations, that’s pretty good tbh. Pascal was never going to happen for a voice performance.

ricardo505
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba is the sole nominee from In Treatment. They really loveeeee her.

I’m almost predicting her winning.

maxinho
    Topics:

Small Axe getting just one nom is embarrassing.

Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

So, the 7th nominee for drama directing not appearing on the Emmy website has to be a mistake right? Is someone going to fix it?

Carlo
    Topics:

No We Are Who We Are, For All Mankind, Girls5eva, Mythic Quest, Small Axe or It’s A Sin…but Emily in Paris?

This is taste Emmy voters

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

So happy for Evan Peters FINALLY getting his grossly overdue nomination. Also fitting it’s in a Movie/Limited Series category.

Atypical
    Topics:

Some shameful snubs. No Ethan Hawke is probably the biggest slight of the year. “The Good Lord Bird” was clearly not seen, and that’s unfortunate. Showtime needs to get its campaigning act together. Missing out for Bryan Cranston, Jeff Daniels, & Ethan Hawke? Someone should get fired. The overperformance of “Hamilton” even exceeded my expectations. Jonathan Groff? Anthony Ramos? Phillipa Soo? Wow. LMM took Hawke’s lead actor nomination. I thought that the critical drubbing for “Halston” would prevent Ewan McGregor from getting in. No Nicole Kidman? Hugh Grant’s the only representation for “The Undoing”? Sad that both Donald Sutherland & standout Noma Dumezweni missed out. Huge gets for “WandaVision” though, so congrats, I guess. What’s old is new again: “The Amazing Race,” “Conan” (shocking), Alec Baldwin, Phylicia Rashad (“and I ooop” lol), etc. “Cobra Kai” in Comedy Series? No “PEN15”? “Emily in Paris” is a global embarrassment that all voters should be ashamed of themselves for doing. Aidy Bryant for “Shrill”? That’s very surprising. Overperformance for “Ted Lasso,” somewhat underperformance of “The Flight Attendant.” They “slapped the stud” hard again for Justin Hartley for his series-best work in “This Is Us,” but voters were clearly watching with a return to Drama Series (yassss!), SKB, & Chris Sullivan (again). Sad. So voters watched like three shows each in the supporting categories? Got it. Nothing for Wunmi Mosaku? Jesus. Nothing against Aunjanue Ellis, but if she made it in, at least voters made it to the end of the series. Uzo Aduba barely squeaked in. Again, these basis-ass voters didn’t watch “In Treatment,” b/c excluding John Benjamin Hickey is really terrible, and Anthony Ramos is cited in the wrong supporting actor category. “The Boys”? Alrighty then. Double acting nods for Kenan Thompson. No Ted Danson or anything for “The Mayor?” One bright spot: multi-hyphenate Emmy nominee MICHAELA COEL!!!! These are poor, poor Emmy nominations this year.

loudtoilet
    Topics:

Hamilton overperformed like nobody’s business but it’s gonna win zero, just wait and see.

Victor
    Topics:

Not we thinking Bridgerton was top 3 and it was probably below The Handmaid’s Tale, Pose AND Lovecraft Country

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Jean Smart’s both shows have gotten double digit nominations and across totally two different genres. Fantabulous!

willum
    Topics:

Am I the only one who now thinks WandaVision is extremely competitive in Series? It’s a three-way race between it, TQG and Mare for me.

I agree those 3 noms from the writing branch even tho the writing is arguably their weakest element…. it’s telling a lot

FYC in all categories:
    - What We Do in the Shadows
    - Maid
    - Station Eleven

That Don Guy
    Topics:

Hold on, how are there only 6 drama directing nominees? Weren’t we guaranteed 7?

Maybe there was a tie for the seventh spot, and the Awards Committee decided to go with 6 instead of 8. From the rulebook:
    “In the case of ties, the closest number to the targeted number of nominations will prevail, unless there are fewer than three or more than seven nominations, in which case the Primetime Awards Committee will determine the number of nominations.”
    Normally, if there is a tie for the last spot, and you can add one without there still being a tie, then that’s what they do.

Eden
    Topics:

Are there supposed to be two multi-cam directing nominees?

Atypical
    Topics:

This was the last stop to reward cultural phenomenon “Hamilton.” Emmy voters weren’t going to pass up that kind of huge opportunity. But they went ridiculously overboard in the process.

mporter455
    Topics:

I screamed when I saw WandaVision in Writing THREE TIMES omg

WandaVision is now competitive in Series, all three nom’d actors chances just increased by A LOT too.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 559 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.