Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Kaguya-hime
  • Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Does this mean he thinks he can win this year?

I think he knows his material was weak in season 4 and he probably wouldn’t have been nominated if those two shows were eligible. I don’t think he’s delusional enough to think he can win for not doing anything (watch me say that while Tobias Menzies wins)

FYC Emmys: Hacks, The Handmaid's Tale and The Queen's Gambit for the win!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just want to say that I don’t think if Menzies wins it’s “for nothing”. Would I give him the win personally? No. He’s the only one from The Crown‘s above the line acting nominees I wouldn’t nominate this year (I’m not talking about the guest categories). But just like with say Ben Mendelsohn for Bloodline, there could be some voters who have caught up on his previous season and thought he was win worthy there and give him a “makeup win”.

With regards to Whitford I want to ask is there a memorable tape for him? He’s been fine in what I’ve seen so far but aside from “The Crossing” he’s just kind of been, there.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Is anyone else not surprised that Michiel Huisman didn’t make it in? From day one he felt like James Marsden 2.0 to me.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is anyone else not surprised that Michiel Huisman didn’t make it in? From day one he felt like James Marsden 2.0 to me.

I am and I’m not. He always felt 5th at best for the nomination in this weak field.

What I am more shocked by is how much The Flight Attendant under-performed with actors in spite of being a two time SAG nominee. Especially when other HBO/HBO Max titles over-performed or performed well in spite of having a not so great SAG performance (Perry Mason, Lovecraft Country). I wonder if in a normal year the show would have ended up a bit like say Ramy and just miss series with acting and directing nominations.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

guys, Guys, GUYS! I know this is SOOOO late, but I just realized that there wasn’t a single nominee not in our prediction center. Normally we get a Marsha Stephanie Blake or something, but this year every single nominee was in there. Just thought it was cool, interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I just realized that For All Mankind didn’t even get nominations in the Creative Arts categories. It seems like only the critics are actually watching this series.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.