Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Brown also did retain his individual nom at SAG (and the show itself could’ve likely been the #6 that got pushed out from GoT).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Billie Piper was on Late Night with Seth Myers last night. I think it’s fair to say I Hate Suzie is a big campaign priority for HBO Max.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

I know this isn’t relevant to this years Emmys as it’s not in contention- but I’m mid way through season 2 of Succession and I have to say, I do not understand the unanimous acclaim. The first half of season 1 was addictive and exciting- the latter half was them gathering in fancy locations and spending the entire episode there. Season 2 feels the same so far.

I think the actors are brilliant and it’s a great show. But I will never understand how it was the most acclaimed and undeniable show of 2020 and Big Little Lies didn’t even get nominated. I also think The Morning Show is vastly superior.

But I ain’t a critic 🤫.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Your first paragraph was defensible.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I also think The Morning Show is vastly superior.

Well, everyone has a right to their opinion, but boy what is this.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Steven Soderbergh has said he is a fan of I Hate Suzie.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I know this isn’t relevant to this years Emmys as it’s not in contention- but I’m mid way through season 2 of Succession and I have to say, I do not understand the unanimous acclaim. The first half of season 1 was addictive and exciting- the latter half was them gathering in fancy locations and spending the entire episode there. Season 2 feels the same so far. I think the actors are brilliant and it’s a great show. But I will never understand how it was the most acclaimed and undeniable show of 2020 and Big Little Lies didn’t even get nominated. I also think The Morning Show is vastly superior. But I ain’t a critic 🤫.

Well, you’re entitled to your own opinion and I respect that (as I should). For me, the magic of Succession is its writing. It’s just so well-arranged and the timing of not only every joke, but also every dramatic moment, is incredible. I think what made it so raved by critics was their inclination to honour that type/form of show, a show that cleverly played their watchers. The Morning Show depended more on its acting than its writing/directing, while Big Little Lies didn’t meet the expectation that’s created by its first season.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Dexter will start production in February and will end in July.

The Mandalorian Season 3 will start production in August.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Dexter will start production in February and will end in July.

God help us all when Showtime’s attempt of staying relevant returns.

Well if they’re bringing the show back then get Strahovski back!

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

A series adaptation of “Tales of Dunk and Egg,” a prequel to the events of “Game of Thrones,” is in early development at HBO. The one-hour show would be based on the series of fantasy novellas by George R. R. Martin, which follow the adventures of Ser Duncan the Tall (Dunk) and a young Aegon V Targaryen (Egg) 90 years prior to the events of “A Song of Ice and Fire.”

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/game-of-thrones-tales-of-dunk-and-egg-series-hbo-1234889520/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

a prequel to the events of “Game of Thrones,” is in early development at HBO.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

A series adaptation of “Tales of Dunk and Egg,” a prequel to the events of “Game of Thrones,” is in early development at HBO. The one-hour show would be based on the series of fantasy novellas by George R. R. Martin, which follow the adventures of Ser Duncan the Tall (Dunk) and a young Aegon V Targaryen (Egg) 90 years prior to the events of “A Song of Ice and Fire.” https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/game-of-thrones-tales-of-dunk-and-egg-series-hbo-1234889520/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Things we love to see. We will be watching!!

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

A series adaptation of “Tales of Dunk and Egg,” a prequel to the events of “Game of Thrones,” is in early development at HBO. The one-hour show would be based on the series of fantasy novellas by George R. R. Martin, which follow the adventures of Ser Duncan the Tall (Dunk) and a young Aegon V Targaryen (Egg) 90 years prior to the events of “A Song of Ice and Fire.” https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/game-of-thrones-tales-of-dunk-and-egg-series-hbo-1234889520/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Well if they changed the name “A Song of Ice and Fire”  I know for a fact they’re not gonna let this show be called “Tales of Dunk and Egg”.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Too much Game of Thrones, it will end up like the Arrowverse on CW

Profile picture
    Ryan F
    Topics:

If Tobias Menzies gets nominated for The Crown, what episode do you think he should submit? He doesn’t have as much of a standout episode this season as he did with “Moondust” so I’m struggling to think what his best bet would be.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.