Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

If Tobias Menzies gets nominated for The Crown, what episode do you think he should submit? He doesn’t have as much of a standout episode this season as he did with “Moondust” so I’m struggling to think what his best bet would be.

Either the first or last episode, as he has an outstanding scene in both. I’d go with the first.

Too much Game of Thrones, it will end up like the Arrowverse on CW

I’m hoping the Marvel shows don’t suffer from this. Hopefully episodes being released by week will make it easier to stay on top of them all, as their Netflix series just had so many long episodes all packaged together it was hard to keep up to date.

Profile picture
    Ryan F
    Topics:

Actually I just watched the last episode! I would agree though and say he should probably submit the first though.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Too much Game of Thrones, it will end up like the Arrowverse on CW

The Arrowverse is way easy to fall behind on (only watched pasted S2 for Supergirl), I can’t even begin to imagine someone trying to start the whole thing now.

Profile picture
    MisterScones
    Topics:

The Arrowverse is way easy to fall behind on (only watched pasted S2 for Supergirl), I can’t even begin to imagine someone trying to start the whole thing now.

Especially since the crossovers are predicated on the viewer watching each show weekly. You can’t really binge any of these shows one at a time because each part of each crossover belongs to a different show.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

How likely do we think The Flight Attendant is to be moved here?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Besides Dunk and Egg, “HBO has been meeting with several top writers pitching other ideas based on Martin’s works. Among the ideas being contemplated is a prequel series based on Robert’s Rebellion – the war for the Iron Throne that upended Westeros a couple of decades before the events in Thrones.

One of the writers is a name familiar to HBO genre fans: Bruno Heller, who created the acclaimed historical drama Rome, a series that was seen as a bit of a short-lived precursor to Thrones. That said, no writer is yet officially attached to any project.”

https://ew.com/tv/game-of-thrones-dunk-and-egg-prequel/

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

The world of Ice and Fire is so rich and extensive. They can continue making more shows well into the 2040s.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

How likely do we think The Flight Attendant is to be moved here?

Unlikely.  Comedy appeals are generally accepted.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If Tobias Menzies gets nominated for The Crown, what episode do you think he should submit? He doesn’t have as much of a standout episode this season as he did with “Moondust” so I’m struggling to think what his best bet would be.

The first, his monologue with Josh is beautiful
    But also his speech to Emma on the last is magnificent

You can say he didn’t appeared as much,but he can act

It’s crazy how I’m up to date on the whole thing 😂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

HBO has been meeting with several top writers pitching other ideas based on Martin’s works.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Will Handmaid’s be eligible?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hulu hinted it would be getting a Spring air date and released a teaser for the show at the beginning of the year. They already had two episodes in the can before the lockdown and I believe the producers finished post on those in the lockdown and they are set to finish filming the season in March/February. I’d say it’s probably returning on time with a weekly release schedule. Especially considering it’s probably going to be one of Hulu’s only big programmes that can return on time for Emmy eligibility.

If it does return on time then McKenna Grace may be a big contender in Guest Actress if she’s eligible there. Her role sounds insane!

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Netflix may also have Mike Flanagan’s Midnight Mass. It’s got a pretty good cast led by Kate Siegel. It finished filming in December, so Netflix likely could have it ready if they wanted to, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they saved it for the usual October horror slot. It is a horror, which could bring it down, but Netflix really doesn’t have any viable contenders outside of The Crown (I’m not buying into Ratched outside a couple acting categories or Bridgerton at all), so it could by default become their second biggest priority. Can’t really count anything out at this point.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I thought it was a limited series?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

There is also Maid starring Margaret Qualley, I don’t know if it’s going to be ready or if it’s really an awards thing but you never know.

“Written by Metzler, Maid is inspired by Stephanie Land’s bestselling memoir Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive. It revolves around Alex (Qualley), a single mother who turns to housekeeping to — barely — make ends meet as she battles against poverty, homelessness, and bureaucracy. Told primarily through her point of view, Maid is described as a beautiful, alive, gritty and inspiring exploration of poverty in America.”

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.