Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Another spin-off of Game of Thrones, this time an animated drama at HBO Max:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-of-thrones-animated-drama-eyed-at-hbo-max-exclusive?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

God make it stop.. one was already enough.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Enough

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-of-thrones-animated-drama-eyed-at-hbo-max-exclusive?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

But why?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Billions Season 6 starts production in March.

Bridgerton Season 2 starts production in March.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (drama or limited?) starts production in April.

Snowpiercer Season 3 starts production in March and will end in July.

Star Trek Picard Season 2 starts production in February and will end in June.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Another spin-off of Game of Thrones, this time an animated drama at HBO Max: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-of-thrones-animated-drama-eyed-at-hbo-max-exclusive?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Exciting. Keep them coming!

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Is that an animated spin off or an animated version of the series itself? What would they pick for a spin off that could be animated? Dunk and Egg maybe, but he’s written only 3 so far (much to my chagrin. The She-Wolves of Winterfell has supposedly been in the works for years.)

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Current predicted acting winners:

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    MisterScones
    Topics:

Billions Season 6 starts production in March. Bridgerton Season 2 starts production in March. Obi-Wan Kenobi (drama or limited?) starts production in April. Snowpiercer Season 3 starts production in March and will end in July. Star Trek Picard Season 2 starts production in February and will end in June. https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

Does this mean they finished production on the remaining Season 5 episodes of Billions or are they just being folded into Season 6?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think a lot of shows will be coming in March/April. I am sure that most (apart from Wandavision and It’s a Sin) are trying to avoid getting in on time for SAG eligibility (which is still open!)

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

It’s so strange how The Crown could essentially repeat what Schitt’s Creek did last year and win all its above the line nominations.

At this point it might even win Guest Actor due to the strength of this season and the barren field.

While the third season of The Crown was strong, there is no way it wins all four acting races. 4 seasons in and we do this every year, we overestimate just how the show will perform, then come nomination day  it under perfoms as usual. Yes it’s going to be a generally weak year, the show performed better with audiences and critics but to actually win all 4 acting races, that almost borders on impossible. If The Sopranos and West wing couldn’t do it( shows the actors branch of the academy really went out for)then I am almost certain that The Crown will Not pull a schitt’s creek, It simply won’t.

On to other things, any one not named Olivia, Hellena, Gillian,  Josh,Emma is not going to make it in, even with an expanded supporting acting category,  Erin Doherty won’t make it in, Tobias stands a chance after that random CCTV nom but he’ll eventually come short just like he did last year.

I thought Josh O’connor was a lock for best supporting actor but now that he’s been upped to lead, I think he’ll just get nominated. He is up against Sterling k brown,  who is giving his best performance yet in season 5 of This is us- remember this is an actor who the academy has made a habit of nominating twice recently. Even with increased screen time, Josh still felt very much supporting, both him and Emma, Gillian on the other isn’t a lock  for a win as we presume her to be, we will get a clear picture of how she performs at the upcoming precursors,  her performance to many people felt transformative, to others like me it felt like a caricature, I ended up liking it in the end but it took some time getting used to. If Hellena who gave a much better performance than her in just one episode of season 3 couldn’t win, I think it might be tough for her too, she’ll probably win but it isn’t going to be as easy as we think. Olivia is not winning, same to Emma, i hope she underperforms with the globes and SAG so that she’s bumped down to supporting, if that happens, then she will win hands down( she was marvelous, just fucking fantastic)

I actually really have faith in Hellena, she only had one episode but she made the most of it, if anyone will pull a Thandie Newton,  it’s her.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Matt Smith as Prince Phillip

— Missed for his first season in lead
    — Nominated for his second season in supporting

Tobias Menzies as Prince Phillip

— Missed for his first season in lead
    — Nominated for his second season in supporting??

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

If The Sopranos and West wing couldn’t do it( shows the actors branch of the academy really went out for)then I am almost certain that The Crown will Not pull a schitt’s creek, It simply won’t.

Different competition and different voting systems. Most people were skeptical of Schitt’s Creek achieving a 7/7 sweep (wolfali and myself included at one point) and this argument could have been applied to it as well. But as I said, different competition and different voting system helped in the end.

It’s likelier that The Crown doesn’t achieve this but when everyone agrees that the show is win competitive for 3/4 acting categories, it isn’t unreasonable to consider the possibility of it snatching that fourth, relatively much emptier one atm too.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I think The Crown will win Lead Actor for O’Connor and Supporting Actress for Anderson. Supporting Actor is a no-go because Menzies really did not have much material to work with this season. Lead Actress is tough because I’m not sure a consensus will form between Corrin and Colman. This could be a Jodie Comer-Sandra Oh situation where the fresher face (and bigger performance) overcomes the vote split but it’s hard to say at the moment.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

O’Connor plays such an unlikeable character that I have a hard time seeing him winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.