Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 266 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that the Morning Show could actually turn out to be a massive flop?

I think the only way it flops is because of Apple. I think it’ll be critically acclaimed and I’m happy it’s leaning for more towards drama than comedy as there’s issues they could really highlight, but I’m afraid that it will be under-seen, despite the absurdly good cast, because it’s Apple.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

The 2020 Kerryssance is coming. Netflix is showing the American Son film at TIFF and then dropping it on the platform on November 1st (I’m not really sure if it’s eligible for the Oscars since it can still be considered a TV movie so I’m putting it here). I don’t think she’ll make it into the Lead Actress lineup but it could help her gather support to win in Supporting for the Hulu series. First look images:

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Ellen Barkin laid down one hell of a marker for a Drama Series Actress nomination with her episode of Animal Kingdom tonight. Un-forking-real, she was. Off the chain super.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

IT is wishfull thinking but i really hope for a julie Dretzin nomination next year for the handmaids tale. She was better than strahovski and certainly Dowd. Don’t get why everyone is predictinf Dowd as the sole supporting actress for handmaids tale. She feels very absent from this season safe for her backstory which was not as awards baity as i had thought. If they HD dretzin in less episodes she could have gone for guest actress.

She was very good, but not better than Strahovski and Dowd. Also, Dowd was part of almost all episodes, but often with minimal screen time, so people are predicting her above Strahovski only because she won for the first season which is ridiculous.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The season 3 finale of Handmaid’s was absolutely stellar. And I’m not saying this because I’m a hardcore fan. It’s returning in full force next year.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

AppleTV is airing multiple tv ads for The Morning Show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

The 2020 Kerryssance is coming. Netflix is showing the American Son film at TIFF and then dropping it on the platform on November 1st (I’m not really sure if it’s eligible for the Oscars since it can still be considered a TV movie so I’m putting it here). I don’t think she’ll make it into the Lead Actress lineup but it could help her gather support to win in Supporting for the Hulu series. First look images:

I would love to see Kerry finally winning a major award

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicted Noms by Show:

Big Little Lies, 9 Noms; Drama Series, Lead Actress x2, Supporting Actress x3, Supporting Actor, Writing, Directing

The Crown, 8 Noms; Drama Series, Lead Actress, Lead Actor, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor x2, Writing, Directing

The Handmaid’s Tale, 6 Noms-Drama Series, Lead Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Writing, Directing

Stranger Things, 5 Noms; Drama Series, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Directing, Writing

The Morning Show, 5 Noms; Drama Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, Supporting Actress, Directing

Westworld, 4 Noms; Drama Series, Lead Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress

Killing Eve, 4 Noms; Drama Series, Lead Actress x2, Writing

This is Us, 2 Noms- Drama Series, Lead Actor

Ozark, 2 Noms- Lead Actor, Directing

How To Get Away with Murder- Lead Actress

Pose- Lead Actor

Succession- Writing

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised that no one talks about OWN Network’s drama shows Greenleaf and Queen Sugar. Those shows don’t get any love from major awards shows not even The Emmys. Why is that?

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession has a strong chance of getting nominated for Drama Series again considering the acclaim it’s gotten.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised that no one talks about OWN Network’s drama shows Greenleaf and Queen Sugar. Those shows don’t get any love from major awards shows not even The Emmys. Why is that?

I’m pretty sure the answer to your question is the Oprah Winfrey Network. It’s not exactly a popular channel or one that voters are likely to watch, and chances are that most people don’t know that the shows exist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

More people need to know that the OWN Network exists. There’s even going to be a anthology series that Ava DuVernay is going to have on that network next year titled Cherish the Day starring Cicely Tyson. Those shows need to be campaigned more because they are really good.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes I’m also here for Kerry to win an Emmy. Her role in American Son seems baity. And does anyone know if her role in Little Fires Everywhere is juicy?

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

2020 Drama contenders premiering in 2019:

The Handmaid’s Tale
    Stranger Things
    The Crown
    The Morning Show
    Succession
    Pose
    His Dark Materials
    Watchmen
    Ozark (?)
    1/2 This is Us

Those likely premiering first half of 2020:
    Westworld
    Killing Eve
    Better Call Saul
    Ratched

All other things Apple are too big of a question mark for me to include them as of now. The guilds are going to be very telling this year, especially because I don’t see any of the shows airing in 2020 being win-competitive. I wonder if we’ll even have a race come 2020, or if a lot of the races will have locks by Emmy time. The guilds are also going to be a great place to gauge the industry’s actual feelings towards GOT S8 when it competes against shows they actually watch.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.