Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 452 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
gabarnes43
  • ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

It feels like a David E. Kelley show. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it just doesn’t seem very fun. I love the idea and the people involved. I just feel like it lacks a bit of energy.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

More like the Globes. No one’s gonna watch Apple TV. Unless they send all eps with screeners to voters and campaign hard

Which is definitely what they are going to do…

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

The Morning Show full trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=eA7D4_qU9jo

Though they’re going to have to go all out on their guild screeners because didn’t they just ban them at the Emmys?

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I am fully behind a Euphoria Sweep of all categories , Finished OITNB and would as usual be happy with Danielle Brooks getting some love as she has been the MVP of the show IMO .

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay this looks AMAZING. Jennifer Aniston from the trailer alone is looking extraordinarily strong.

Agreed. Emmy possibiity for Steve too. Reese….well after this I think BLL would be her best chance….unless they saved her juicy material out of it and I’m completely wrong

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy wise, Carell can definitely win in Lead, Witherspoon will probably go Supporting which has a great shot at winning, Aniston can’t beat Colman. If this went Comedy, they could probably sweep with Barry, Atlanta, Veep and Fleabag our of consideration.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Carell looks supporting

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks right up my alley, but do I really want to pay for another streaming service? I’ll have to see trailers for other Apple TV+ shows to decide.

From the trailer, it looks like a drama but seems a lot lighter than the initial teaser suggested. I still think it will go drama, though. Aniston is lead and Witherspoon is too I would say. Carell could go either way, but probably supporting. He could definitely win there.

I would hate to be Reese Witherspoon, having two drama actress contenders and being second fiddle to both of them. I could imagine a scenario where she’s snubbed for both. I could also imagine a scenario where she wins for Little Fires Everywhere to make up for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Could this be a Limited Series? By the looks of it I’m not sure how they could make lots of seasons

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Could this be a Limited Series? By the looks of it I’m not sure how they could make lots of seasons

Season 2 is already ordered.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange looks great on The Politician and a scene stealer. She is definitely getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

The Morning Show trailer looked boring to me. It didn’t seem like a whole lot was going on, so I worry about the writing. The actors seemed fine, but of course, bc they are all great.

The Politician looked different from what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to go a more serious route, but it looks super campy… very Ryan Murphy, which I guess would make sense. I was hoping for an American Crime Story, but I think we’re getting a Scream Queens with this one… with a slight rip-off of the film Election (I’m assuming).

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems like Aniston and Carrell are gonna have some great material. However the show didn’t look as dramatic, comedic, exciting or whatever it’s supposed to be. I just didn’t see anything that makes me watch other than the actors. We’ll see.

Internet companies are gonna have to start including a bundle with all the streaming services included in your bill if this shit is gonna keep happening. I’m not paying for Apple+. I’ll download this thing. Same goes for Disney+ and its shows (although everything there looks lame as fuck).

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched the trailer for The Politician and I believe it could be a real contender. It looks delightfully over the top, and I think Platt and Lange could be potential winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

People are loving On Becoming a God in Central Florida, especially Kirsten Dunst’s performance. It’s in the 80s on Metacritic. This could be a GG contender for her and then build a cult audience to get Emmy attention next year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.