Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 461 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
gabarnes43
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

People are loving On Becoming a God in Central Florida, especially Kirsten Dunst’s performance. It’s in the 80s on Metacritic. This could be a GG contender for her and then build a cult audience to get Emmy attention next year.

I watched the first two episodes and Dunst is great. She’ll have a lot to do for the rest of the season. I hope she gets in at the Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched the trailer for The Politician and I believe it could be a real contender. It looks delightfully over the top, and I think Platt and Lange could be potential winners.

The Globes will fall in love with this show (it could have Actor on lock there since I don’t think Hader will but Lange is a possibility if BLL splits and there’s no passion for HBC); plus the show is already iconic by way of its trailer lol:

I’m definitely going to be using the 2nd gif in response to certain users on here lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve only seen a few episodes of Schitt’s Creek, but it seemed to me like Dan Levy was the clear standout, on par with if not greater than Catherine O’Hara. With the show breaking through this year and it’s profile hopefully only continuing to rise, plus Barry likely out of contention, he’s got a real fighting shot at making it in next year, yes?

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

plus Barry likely out of contention

Why is that? I think it will return in time.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Witherspoon will probably go Supporting which has a great shot at winning,

Literally, how? Meryl Streep is there and if she is losing to anybody it won’t be to Reese Witherspoon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched the first two episodes and Dunst is great. She’ll have a lot to do for the rest of the season. I hope she gets in at the Globes.

Is it a comedy or a miniseries?

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl Streep isn’t winning. Her performance will be forgotten next year and everyone agrees Laura Dern was better.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl Streep isn’t winning.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl is not a lock especially if they are 3 BLL actresses nominated alongside.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl is not a lock especially if they are 3 BLL actresses nominated alongside.

The fact she was completely miscast is sort of a problem too.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do people think Meryl can’t lose lol? She loses awards all the time, and this will be no different. She’s definitely gonna split the vote with Dern.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl Streep isn’t winning. Her performance will be forgotten next year and everyone agrees Laura Dern was better.

Probably she will not win, but Streep and Kidman’s performances in the finale were terrific.

ReplyCopy URL
    komiharu
    Participant
    Topics:

The Righteous Gemstones premiered last night and thought it was pretty good and i expect it to be nominated for comedy series and maybe Edi Patterson for best supporting actress

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

#1203030873 Why do people think Meryl can’t lose lol? She loses awards all the time, and this will be no different.

This is not the Oscars, Globes, or SAGs. She only lost once when it comes to Emmys and that was to Alfre Woodard’s legendary performance in Miss Evers’ Boys, where Meryl also was the lone nominee from her movie. Big Little Lies will be big, so she won’t have a visibility problem, and as of now, there is no undeniable alternative.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl’s problem is vote splitting Dern became a fan favorite in Season 2 and then you still have Woodley and Kravitz.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 461 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.