Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • rstang00
    Participant
    Topics:

Apple is reportedly releasing Apple TV + on November 5th at $9,99 for one month with only 5 shows on the platform: See, Amazing Stories, Home, The Morning Show and Truth Be Told.

Hopefully they do a one month free trial so I can binge watch The Morning Show and Truth Be Told for free lol

They are apparently releasing their shows like Hulu (3 episodes then weekly) so a free month won’t be enough lol.

Fascinating what is out there. Where are y’all getting this info from? Donald Trumps twitter feed?

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

If Apple release the shows like that just wait until they’ve aired completely to sign up, binge the series during the free month then leave

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Not an expert but yes it should be important next season – he plays Lord Mountbatten who basically Tywin’ed QEII and Philip’s marriage in hopes that the crown family will take his name (cause Philip took his name and typically wives follow suit). That didn’t happen but he was again close to Charles and was influential in who he should marry. Then his assassination by the IRA was one of the main triggers for the whole conflict with them. He should have won an Emmy for his performance as Tywin Lannister but hopefully there is a chance to make up for it now.

Awesome! Hoping you’re right and he can at least get a nomination. I agree he should’ve won for Game of Thrones (I’d have given him a win in guest for the first season, and nominated him in supporting for all of his other years with the show). He was without a doubt one of the greatest villains to ever appear on television.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Dance be Supporting or Guest in The Crown?

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Concerning The Crown, do we have any indication that Tobias Menzies is going Lead? I’m just asking cause everyone keeps predicting him in lead. But the fact that Matt Smith went supporting for season 2 were he was, without a question, a co-lead with Foy, is making me having second thoughts on this matter.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Apple TV is a nonfactor for awards.

This won’t age well when its shows gets multiple nominations next year.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

That Pose finale was so nice. The season was uneven but so lovable. MJ Rodriguez was brought to the forefront, same with Billy Porter. It’ll be tough for Rodriguez to get in to Actress next year with so much competition, but it’s earned.

rstang00
    Participant
    Topics:

Apple TV is a nonfactor for awards.

AppleTV+, on the other hand …

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Too early to discuss guest acting? Here’s an early FYC for the baddest b*tch and still Emmyless Ms Angela Bassett for A Black Lady Sketch Show.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Too early to discuss guest acting? Here’s an early FYC for the baddest b*tch and still Emmyless Ms Angela Bassett for A Black Lady Sketch Show.

Montana82 is trying desperately to right this wrong this year.

Ms. Bassett is competing for the coveted BEST NARRATOR Emmy and she is 100% montana82 endorsed. Meryl Peep won it a couple years on name recognition and I am hoping Ms. Bassett can do the same and get that Emmy to her name. After all, wouldn’t you want Ms. Bassett to narrate your life?

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

This isn’t a diss on Bassett, but if I wanted any of those nominees to narrate my life, it would be the majestic, deep voice of Charles Dance.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Dance be Supporting or Guest in The Crown?

I initially thought it would be Guest but he’s been mentioned frequently so far and featured in one of the promo pics so think his screentime is likely to exceed the Guest qualification (like a Jared Harris in s1 situation; they really need to change this rule).

Concerning The Crown, do we have any indication that Tobias Menzies is going Lead? I’m just asking cause everyone keeps predicting him in lead. But the fact that Matt Smith went supporting for season 2 were he was, without a question, a co-lead with Foy, is making me having second thoughts on this matter.

Did not realise Matt was in supporting! How on earth did they justify that; it felt like half of season 2 revolved around him.

Menzies mentioned one of the episodes centres around Philip so with O’Connor, Dance and potentially Watkins who plays the PM, they may push him to lead if they want to push the others in Supporting.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  musterd.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  musterd.
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Fascinating what is out there. Where are y’all getting this info from? Donald Trumps twitter feed?

hum… I did my daily « Octavia Spencer » google search and this is what I found….

Your post is funny, but weird lol

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

https://tvline.com/2019/08/22/marvelous-mrs-maisel-liza-weil-season-3-cast-gilmore-girls/

Liza Weil deserves so many Emmy noms for her work on Gilmore Girls and How to Get Away with Murder. Hopefully she can pull it off next year!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.