Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 452 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
gabarnes43
  • ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Breaking Bad Movie for Netflix has apparently already been shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

https://tvline.com/2019/08/22/marvelous-mrs-maisel-liza-weil-season-3-cast-gilmore-girls/ Liza Weil deserves so many Emmy noms for her work on Gilmore Girls and How to Get Away with Murder. Hopefully she can pull it off next year!

Please let Maisel get her that overdue nod!

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

https://tvline.com/2019/08/22/marvelous-mrs-maisel-liza-weil-season-3-cast-gilmore-girls/

Liza Weil deserves so many Emmy noms for her work on Gilmore Girls and How to Get Away with Murder. Hopefully she can pull it off next year!

Angela Bassett – A Black Lady Sketch Show
    Stephanie Wsu – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    Jane Lynch – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    Maya Rudolph – The Good Place
    Liza Weil – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    SNL host

Not gonna lie, of this was the final lineup, this would probably be one of the best categories the Emmys have ever produced.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I think we should be able to predict 7 nominees for most categories. Next years Drama Race is so big there’s gonna be at least 7 nominees for both Lead and Supporting Actress.

lead Actress predicted Noms:

• Jennifer Aniston
    • Olivia Colman
    • Jodie Comer
    • Nicole Kidman
    • Elisabeth Moss
    • Sandra Oh
    • Reese Witherspoon

Supporting Actress:

• Molly Bobby Brown
    • Helena Bonham Carter
    • Laura Dern
    • Ann Dowd
    • Thandie Newton
    • Meryl Streep
    • Reese Witherspoon
    • Shailene Woodley

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s not a lot of TV movies being released. This time last year we knew about My Dinner with Hervé, King Lear and Brexit. We knew Deadwood was likely and Bandersnatch was the only surprise. This year we have Transparent The Musical Finale if it’s long enough, I read it’s feature length, so I’m assuming it’s over 75 minutes. There was an HBO film called Share. None of the Black Mirror episodes reached 75 minutes, so they’ll be in Drama categories. I tried to see what’s coming up on HBO, but I don’t see anything. The Breaking Bad movie could be submitted to the Emmy’s but Netflix I doubt would want to risk unearthing controversy about which films are for the Emmys and which are for the Oscars while they’re pushing to be taken seriously at the Oscars.

I also see Idris Elba being predicted for Luther. None of the episodes are over 75 minutes and it’s a recurring character. Like The Sinner, it will be pushed into Drama categories. People like Miley or other Black Mirror or Room 104 or Twilight Zone actors are considered guests on a drama series. Judith Light (moving to lead?), Gaby Hoffman, Jay Duplass, Amy Landecker, Kathryn Hahn and Alexandra Billings will be in the Movie/Limited Series categories for Transparent likely. Check out the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4-io9Wqmds

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s not a lot of TV movies being released. This time last year we knew about My Dinner with Hervé, King Lear and Brexit. We knew Deadwood was likely and Bandersnatch was the only surprise. This year we have Transparent The Musical Finale if it’s long enough, I read it’s feature length, so I’m assuming it’s over 75 minutes. There was an HBO film called Share. None of the Black Mirror episodes reached 75 minutes, so they’ll be in Drama categories. I tried to see what’s coming up on HBO, but I don’t see anything. The Breaking Bad movie could be submitted to the Emmy’s but Netflix I doubt would want to risk unearthing controversy about which films are for the Emmys and which are for the Oscars while they’re pushing to be taken seriously at the Oscars. I also see Idris Elba being predicted for Luther. None of the episodes are over 75 minutes and it’s a recurring character. Like The Sinner, it will be pushed into Drama categories. People like Miley or other Black Mirror or Room 104 or Twilight Zone actors are considered guests on a drama series. Judith Light (moving to lead?), Gaby Hoffman, Jay Duplass, Amy Landecker, Kathryn Hahn and Alexandra Billings will be in the Movie/Limited Series categories for Transparent likely. Check out the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4-io9Wqmds

There is also the interactive movie of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. HBO might have American Huckster written by Leslye Headland starring Will Ferrell, but it probably won’t be ready. Though, they will acquire a bunch of movies for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

There is also American Son starring Kerry Washington.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

“From the creator of Mr. Robot comes mystery-thriller Briarpatch, starring Rosario Dawson. Briarpatch hits USA Network in 2020.” Great Trailer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be great to see Rosario Dawson get some recognition but that’s probably a pipe dream in this crowded landscape. Show looks like a trip though!

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

“From the creator of Mr. Robot comes mystery-thriller Briarpatch, starring Rosario Dawson. Briarpatch hits USA Network in 2020.” Trailer.

Darling, Rosario Dawson? I have to laugh. It’s so flopping. Can’t wait to see how that show sinks.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think the streaming services should be submitting to the Emmy’s but I think Disney+ will do the same as Netflix and go with the Oscars.

HBO is done. Disney will fill all 5 slots in TV movie from now on. 🤣

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m on the LAST episode of OITNB and can there be any justice for Danielle Brookes. This show isn’t what it was, but each season she just gets better and better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably Emmy 2021/2022 news, but it’s too soon to create a thread for the series.
    Viola Davis will play Michelle Obama in prospective Showtime anthology series First Ladies

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably Emmy 2021/2022 news, but it’s too soon to create a thread for the series. Viola Davis will play Michelle Obama in prospective Showtime anthology series First Ladies

I don’t really see Davis as Michelle Obama to be honest. Maybe it’s just because they look nothing alike. She’ll probably pull it off though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably Emmy 2021/2022 news, but it’s too soon to create a thread for the series. Viola Davis will play Michelle Obama in prospective Showtime anthology series First Ladies

I rushed here as soon as I heard to see if anyone had reported the news. Congrats in advance, Luca.

Excited to see who plays Ford and Roosevelt.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.