Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 502 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Definitely seeing support swelling for Succession on Twitter among critics and industry folks (Iggy Azalea lol) for its season 2 run right now.

As a newly minted fan after a weekend binge, hope this translates into some traction among the Academy next year.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Not sure whether any of their projects will be ready for this season, but Quibi will be such a force in short form categories.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Sharon Stone being in contention would be awesome.

Unbelievable, the Netflix limited series starring Kaitlyn Dever, Toni Collette and Merritt Wever, starts off with a 77 on MC with 4 reviews. Show is released on the 13th.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

So i’m watching the third season of Stranger Things, currently on episode 6 and man… Dacre Montgomery. What a powerhouse performance! I am beyond shook at this level of talent. So overwhelming, i’m feeling all kinds of feelings. I’m shivering, it’s a tingling. He is my first obsession for the 2019-2020 awards cycle. He will likely not happen but he is giving me so much satisfaction, giving me everything that I ever needed and… just… wow I’m in awe.

Profile picture
    LaChienne
    Topics:

So i’m watching the third season of Stranger Things, currently on episode 6 and man… Dacre Montgomery. What a powerhouse performance! I am beyond shook at this level of talent. So overwhelming, i’m feeling all kinds of feelings. I’m shivering, it’s a tingling. He is my first obsession for the 2019-2020 awards cycle. He will likely not happen but he is giving me so much satisfaction, giving me everything that I ever needed and… just… wow I’m in awe.

Much like how Noah Schnapp carried a lot of S2, Dacre carries S3, which makes me doubly disappointed because like Noah I anticipate they’ll snub him for the usual lazy picks. Don’t look at my pfp tho I’m not biased at all

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Much like how Noah Schnapp carried a lot of S2, Dacre carries S3, which makes me doubly disappointed because like Noah I anticipate they’ll snub him for the usual lazy picks. Don’t look at my pfp tho I’m not biased at all

Yeah Noah was my fave last year too. I knew he wasn’t going to get nominated though, he was just too young. Now Dacre… holy shit he’s on another level. I think his performance this season is my favorite from anyone on that show… ever.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

As messy as 13 Reasons Why is, Dylan Minnette, Brandon Flynn and especially Devin Druid give nomination-worthy performances. Druid has like 15 minutes of screen time in episode 8, but he knocks it out of the park. Unfortunately, voters have their favorite show and don’t look beyond them. Sigh.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

lol at Dylan Minnette

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

As messy as 13 Reasons Why is, Dylan Minnette, Brandon Flynn and especially Devin Druid give nomination-worthy performances. Druid has like 15 minutes of screen time in episode 8, but he knocks it out of the park. Unfortunately, voters have their favorite show and don’t look beyond them. Sigh.

I think Alisha Boe is also great (not Emmy worthy but I think she gets overlooked and is way better than Dylan imo) and Kate Walsh delivered a nice guest performance. The show is really bad this year tho.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Kate Walsh should have been nominated for an Emmy in season 1.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

6% on Rotten Tomatoes… sigh indeed.

Profile picture
    rlk
    Topics:

Yeah Noah was my fave last year too. I knew he wasn’t going to get nominated though, he was just too young. Now Dacre… holy shit he’s on another level. I think his performance this season is my favorite from anyone on that show… ever.

I have not yet watched season 3 so I am genuinely curious: if it was between Harbour and Dacre for a Supporting Actor nomination come Emmy time, who was more Season Three-worthy?

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I have not yet watched season 3 so I am genuinely curious: if it was between Harbour and Dacre for a Supporting Actor nomination come Emmy time, who was more Season Three-worthy?

I’m about to watch episode 7 but from the first 6, easily Montgomery. I would even place him at SAG over Harbour. David Harbour is great obviously but he’s more comedic so far this season than he’s ever been, same thing with Winona Ryder. The whole cast is amazing though, i’m particularly impressed by Montgomery, Brown, Sink, Schnapp and Dyer.

Profile picture
    Miossid
    Topics:

I myself would say Harbour, but Dacre is very close behind.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Milo Ventimiglia To Star In Evel Knievel Limited Series Greenlighted By USA Network

Written by Etan Frankel (Animal Kingdom), Evel falls into USA’s wheelhouse of “heroes, rebels & icons” focused on big stories about big American characters.

The limited series is based on the story of Evel Knievel (Ventimiglia) as he prepares for his greatest death-defying feat — the historic Snake River Canyon jump. Evel is an exhilarating portrait of a complex man living the American dream, juggling meteoric celebrity and raising a family — and facing the very real probability that his next jump will kill him.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/milo-ventimiglia-star-evel-knievel-limited-series-usa-network-1202713367/

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.