Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 474 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Milo Ventimiglia To Star In Evel Knievel Limited Series Greenlighted By USA Network

Written by Etan Frankel (Animal Kingdom), Evel falls into USA’s wheelhouse of “heroes, rebels & icons” focused on big stories about big American characters.

The limited series is based on the story of Evel Knievel (Ventimiglia) as he prepares for his greatest death-defying feat — the historic Snake River Canyon jump. Evel is an exhilarating portrait of a complex man living the American dream, juggling meteoric celebrity and raising a family — and facing the very real probability that his next jump will kill him.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/milo-ventimiglia-star-evel-knievel-limited-series-usa-network-1202713367/

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Milo Ventimiglia To Star In Evel Knievel Limited Series Greenlighted By USA Network

Written by Etan Frankel (Animal Kingdom), Evel falls into USA’s wheelhouse of “heroes, rebels & icons” focused on big stories about big American characters.

The limited series is based on the story of Evel Knievel (Ventimiglia) as he prepares for his greatest death-defying feat — the historic Snake River Canyon jump. Evel is an exhilarating portrait of a complex man living the American dream, juggling meteoric celebrity and raising a family — and facing the very real probability that his next jump will kill him.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/milo-ventimiglia-star-evel-knievel-limited-series-usa-network-1202713367/

Intrigued. This could be great.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Stranger Things will be a nonfactor when comes July 2020.

I think it’s getting David a nod, Millie a nod (they really seem to like nominating her), ryder has a shot, directing seems like a safe bet (last episode), and maybe Montgomery

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

MBB for sure will steal Strahovski or Woodley’s spot from past nominees. Sharon Stone is also a threat reportedly. I’d give everything to see her (MBB) snubbed. It’s too crowded anyway. I think Harbour is the only safe bet although I can’t say he was flashy enough to maintain buzz until next year, although Supporting actor seems not to have many new contenders. I could see him even winning as farewell if there’s no frontrunner but I never thought he was undeniable for them to feel bad and give him an Emmy even if it’s his final nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Sharon Stone is also a threat reportedly. I’d give everything to see her (MBB) snubbed

Same

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

MBB is better than some of your favs. I wouldn’t personally nominate her but the hatred towards her is nonsensical.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

MBB is better than some of your favs. I wouldn’t personally nominate her but the hatred towards her is nonsensical.

I mean for me it’s not hate. I like her but I don’t see why she is Emmy nomination worthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not hatred. I have nothing personal towards her. I just don’t want a mediocre actress stealing a spot from other far more deserving nominees simply because she’s the only actress from a buzzy show (series nominee) the TV academy cares for and has no risk of vote-splitting.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

MBB for sure will steal Strahovski or Woodley’s spot from past nominees. Sharon Stone is also a threat reportedly. I’d give everything to see her (MBB) snubbed. It’s too crowded anyway. I think Harbour is the only safe bet although I can’t say he was flashy enough to maintain buzz until next year, although Supporting actor seems not to have many new contenders. I could see him even winning as farewell if there’s no frontrunner but I never thought he was undeniable for them to feel bad and give him an Emmy even if it’s his final nomination.

Seems like Josh O’Connor has enough screentime to make a play for the supporting actor spot. Seeing a few critics that got The Crown screeners early singling him out for praise.

Wish the Succession guys can break through, especially Macfadyen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m done with Stranger Things and I take back what I said about not nominating Harbour at SAG. He was so good in the final episodes, i’m looking forward to his third Emmy nomination. Millie Bobby Brown was the best she’s ever been this season, she’d probably deservedly win Supporting Actress this year. The season started slower than the first two but ended up being the best and most entertaining. I hope it finally wins a big award at the main ceremony next year. The cast is mesmerizing, i’d be totally on board with another SAG Ensemble victory. Technically the show is at it’s best too, i’m sure it’s nomination count will improve next year, it also deserves ~20+ nominations as shows like Westworld and Game of Thrones. I hope Thrones‘ departure allows for this show to thrive and flourish, especially in the technical categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Hollywood, a Limited Series from Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan (starring Jeremy Pope, Patti LuPone, Holland Taylor & Darren Criss) is set to premiere on Nettlix May 2020, according to Darren

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I just started watching The Boys today, and I’m already halfway through. Totally loving it. I don’t expect it to do very well at the Emmys, but I really hope it can somehow breakthrough. Unfortunately, it’s very likely gonna be screwed over by Watchmen coming out the same year on a more Emmy friendly network. However, based on the first half, I’d at the very least nominate Karl Urban, Erin Moriarty, and especially Antony Starr (that is not an easy role to pull off, but he’s succeeded with flying colors).

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

IDK why I started watching this but https://www.discovery.com/shows/serengeti is addicting. Emmy for whatever category it belongs in?

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Mahershala Ali joining Ramy boosts the show’s profile within the industry. That show’s first season was really good and was robbed of nominations for Comedy Series, Comedy Writing (Ramy Youssef for “Strawberries”), Comedy Actor and Supporting Actress for Hiam Abbas. I really hope it does well next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what category Dark Crystal is eligible, but I fall in love with this show as soon I finished the pilot. Watched four episodes until now and it is incredible.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 474 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.