Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 461 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
gabarnes43
  • Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently Evil, Watchmen, Modern Love, and The Morning Show are really good according to Entertainment Weekly.

I’m not going to credit this. I’ve seen the Evil pilot and it’s horrible

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m going to have to make a confession: I actually think Zendaya is pretty great in “Euphoria.” I’ve only seen two episodes, but she’s been thoroughly natural and believable in this role, which I didn’t expect at all. I thought she was going to ham it up since it is her first big (serious) dramatic role – but her performance is actually very subtle and I love it. She isn’t in the same league of Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman and Elisabeth Moss – so an Emmy nod is really not in the picture IMO – but I won’t riot if she gets a Globe nom.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Zendaya was amazing in Euphoria. They way she portrays anxiety and anxiety attacks is disturbingly accurate. I hope she’ll at least get a nomination

• This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Dvir B.A..
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Dvir B.A..

FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Miguel Sapochnik (“Game of Thrones”) for Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Morning Show is either going to do very well, or make practically zero impact. I don’t see much of a middle ground.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Morning Show is either going to do very well, or make practically zero impact. I don’t see much of a middle ground.

So it’s either going to pull a Killing Eve or Homecoming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Zendaya was amazing in Euphoria. They way she portrays anxiety and anxiety attacks is disturbingly accurate. I hope she’ll at least get a nomination

Agreed, the way that she portrays depression in episode 7 is so incredibly subtle and 100% completely true to life. If tapes still mattered I could honestly see her winning with that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher hates Euphoria but Zendaya is Emmy-worthy.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to have to make a confession: I actually think Zendaya is pretty great in “Euphoria.” I’ve only seen two episodes, but she’s been thoroughly natural and believable in this role, which I didn’t expect at all. I thought she was going to ham it up since it is her first big (serious) dramatic role – but her performance is actually very subtle and I love it. She isn’t in the same league of Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman and Elisabeth Moss – so an Emmy nod is really not in the picture IMO – but I won’t riot if she gets a Globe nom.

Wait for the last episodes. She was incredible in episode 7 and deserve to be nominated. Praying for directing and cinematography nominations for the show too.

Source? Need to see this

The 8 must-watch new TV shows this fall.

And Amazon new animation, Undone, have a 91 metacritic score with 7 reviews. Premieres tomorrow.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

So I had no idea where to put this since the Game of Thrones thread has been closed and I couldn’t find a prequel thread, so I’ll just post this here. But anyways, it’s been revealed that HBO is working on a prequel centered on the beginning of the Targaryens’ reign in Westeros 300 years before Game of Thrones.

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira’s planned adaptation of the novel “Americanah” has received a straight-to-series order at HBO Max, Variety has learned.

HBO Max has given the limited series a 10-episode order. Nyong’o will star in the series, with Gurira writing the pilot and serving as showrunner”:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lupita-nyongo-danai-gurira-americanah-series-hbo-max-1203335299/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

ReplyCopy URL
    I Don’t Need You
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure whether HBO Max will be taken seriously. It probably will cuz it’s HBO but it looks like it’s going to be HBO’s own CW.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, Zendaya is getting a Golden Globe nod. Mark my holy words.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
    If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished Unbelievable and it was unbelievable (sorry).

I’m throwing hands with the Globes if they don’t cause this to sweep.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Kaitlyn Dever’s performance in Episode 1 of Unbelievable is such a revelation that if the Emmys were still on the tape system she would have no foreseeable competition. It’s early in the season and yet I can’t imagine any Limited Supporting Actress topping that performance, incredible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure whether HBO Max will be taken seriously. It probably will cuz it’s HBO but it looks like it’s going to be HBO’s own CW.

CW but with Lupita and other big names.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 461 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.