Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/bad-education-hbo-hugh-jackman-allison-janney-tk-world-rights-deal-toronto-film-festival-1202735834/

HBO acquires Bad Education starring Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney.

Television Movie contenders so far:
    El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie – NETFLIX
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: The Movie – NETFLIX
    Transparent: Musicale Finale – AMAZON
    Bad Education – HBO
    Share – HBO

Has anywhere / a U.S. distributor picked up the upcoming Gavin & Stacey Xmas Special yet??

It’s one of the finest and most sharply comedies (and programming in general) of the century and will undoubtedly serve quality if it’s anything like their last Xmas special in 2008.

Giving the Academy’s love of Corden I can see it picking up a bunch of nominations, above-the-Line for TV Movie, Sup. Actor and Writing. Would also suggest Sup. Actress got Ruth Jones but that category seems stacked right now.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Between Two Ferns movie is another.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

After the third episode of Euphoria, Zendaya is officially Emmy-worthy in my eyes. Wow. Color me shocked.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

After the third episode of Euphoria, Zendaya is officially Emmy-worthy in my eyes. Wow. Color me shocked.

waiting your opinion about episode 4

TheCineMike
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Education had some strong reviews in TIFF. I think it’s an Outstanding TV Movie early frontrunner now. Plus, some acting nods for Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney (who both have Emmys already) are possibilities.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s probably been said already but Unbelievable was absolutely fantastic. Such an important, necessary story that was beautifully told. Both heartbreaking but suspenseful. Devastating but also, at times, funny. The entire cast is brilliant but give alllll the awards to Dever and (especially) Wever. Dever is so vulnerable up there, diving head first into such an emotional role which she nails. Wever, on the other hand, is the MVP here. What a revelation. I want her cast in everything. She gives this one monologue towards the end of the series that broke me. So subtle yet so effective. Collette is also great, balancing drama and comedy perfectly. I need this to show up at the Globes big time, and obviously the Emmy’s next year. So freaking good.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally finished Years and Years and is so good! It is a powerful limited series with great and important plots, strong performances and chilling scenes. Russel Tovey (!!), T’Nia Miller and Rory Kinnear truly shine. Emma Thompson and Jessica Hynes have great scenes. And the soundtrack!!! so epic. Melodramatic in some moments, but the writting is generally great.

VedanthM
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Meryl might be the only one who has chance to win an Emmy from BLL. It’s not winning anything else (maybe 1,2 creative arts)

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Meryl might be the only one who has chance to win an Emmy from BLL. It’s not winning anything else (maybe 1,2 creative arts)

Music Supervision feels like a lock for a win tbh.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Was listing all the potential contenders and damn Drama Actress is gonna be a bloodbath.

Christine Baranski – The Good Fight (who am I trying convince)
    Olivia Colman – The Crown
    Jodie Comer – Killing Eve
    Claire Danes – Homeland
    Viola Davis – How to Get Away with Murder
    Nicole Kidman – Big Little Lies
    —–
    Jennifer Aniston – The Morning Show
    Taraji P. Henson – Empire
    Dafne Keen – His Dark Materials
    Regina King – Watchmen
    Elisabeth Moss – The Handmaid’s Tale
    ——
    Laura Linney – Ozark
    Mandy Moore – This Is Us
    Sandra Oh – Killing Eve
    MJ Rodriguez – Pose
    Sarah Paulson – Ratched
    ——
    Reese Witherspoon – Big Little Lies
    Evan Rachel Wood – Westworld
    Zendaya – Euphoria

All of 18 of them can realistically (maybe not Henson & Keen) could all be nominated and have legitimate arguments in their favour.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel like Barry should submit itself into the Drama categories next year.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Christine Baranski, Claire Danes, Violas Davis, Taraji P. Henson, Dafne Keen, Mandy Moore, Mj Rodriguez and Zendaya are not contenders.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

waiting your opinion about episode 4

Wow. Episode 4 was INSANE. The cinematography oh my god. This better be their submission next year!!

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel like Barry should submit itself into the Drama categories next year.

I cannot understand any placement other than drama if it continues in the same vein. To me, it’s a glaring drama with comedic elements. Season 1 was borderline, but season 2 was much heavier despite a few very funny moments. I think I’m (we’re?) in the minority here.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Christine Baranski, Claire Danes, Violas Davis, Taraji P. Henson, Dafne Keen, Mandy Moore, Mj Rodriguez and Zendaya are not contenders.

How is Viola Davis not a contender? She has to at least be a dark horse. But lol at anyone predicting Dafne Keen

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.