Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

His dark materials will be like at the bottom of hbo’s priorities next year, behind BLL, succession, Westworld and watchmen. It’s not getting any acting awards.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

His dark materials will be like at the bottom of hbo’s priorities next year, behind BLL, succession, Westworld and watchmen. It’s not getting any acting awards.

It’s so obviously not at all a contender above the line.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I know he won’t be nominated, but Antony Starr is win worthy on The Boys. Let’s at least get him a GolDerby nomination. Karl Urban and Erin Moriarty also deserve nominations as well.

Luis Vigário
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Undone be considered a animated series, a drama series or a comedy series? Any of you know?

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I know he won’t be nominated, but Antony Starr is win worthy on The Boys. Let’s at least get him a GolDerby nomination. Karl Urban and Erin Moriarty also deserve nominations as well.

Hoping the Globes and HFPA’s love of Amazon can drive this into the conversation.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Christine Baranski, Claire Danes, Violas Davis, Taraji P. Henson, Dafne Keen, Mandy Moore, Mj Rodriguez and Zendaya are not contenders.

Mmmmm – I think Viola Davis will always be a contender. People did not expect her to make it this year and she did. I believe that she barely missed in 2018, but she popped up in Guest Actress.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am hoping that Dan Levy makes it in Supporting Actor for Schitt’s Creek and that Annie Murphy makes it in Supporting Actress for Schitt’s Creek.

Hoping that Tracee Ellis Ross makes it back for black-ish. Also hoping that Martha Kelly makes it in Supporting Actress for Baskets

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping the Globes and HFPA’s love of Amazon can drive this into the conversation.

I also really hope it can happen. I don’t think it will, but I do believe it’s possible. Of course, a big problem is that Watchmen is coming out the same year. Obviusly we’ll have to wait to see how it’s received, but it’s based on a much more beloved source material (without a doubt the most acclaimed graphic novel of all time), and has much bigger names attached. I don’t know if the Emmys will let two superhero shows make it in. But let’s hope The Boys can do alright.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I know I was just raving Unbelievable, but I just finished Years and Years and HOLY SHIT. It’s right up there with WTSU and Chernobyl in terms of quality and the ending to Episode 4 is probably one of the most powerful moments I’ve seen on TV, ever. I can’t remember watching anything that made my stomach turn and my eyes well up with tears as much as that sequence. I’m worried that its early release will prevent it from hitting with voters but I’m stanning this until the end as it’s incredibly deserving.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Obviously we’ll have to wait and see the other contenders, but would most people agree that David Harbour is an early frontrunner next year? In addition to giving another great performance this season, his character has a huge amount of attention surrounding him. Everyone’s talking about Hopper. And I think more than a few people want to see him win after his season 2 loss. Peter Dinklage was fantastic that year, but I definitely think Harbour should’ve taken it, and I know I’m not alone. So what does everybody think? Could 2020 be David Harbour’s year?

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

are they? i haven’t heard anyone talk about him.

I could see Tobias Menzies

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

are they? i haven’t heard anyone talk about him. I could see Tobias Menzies

Everyone I know who watches Stranger Things is talking about him. If you don’t watch, then that may be why you haven’t been hearing about him, as people probably don’t want to spoil what happens with his character.

As for Tobias Menzies, I hear a lot of people saying he’ll be placed in lead. If he’s in supporting he could be a threat, but my guess is, if there’s a well received supporting performance that’s eligible on The Crown then they’ll campaign them in supporting and put Menzies in lead, like what happened with Lithgow and Harris (should’ve been in Guest, but that terrible 50% rule put an end to that) in the first season.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone I know who watches Stranger Things is talking about him. If you don’t watch, then that may be why you haven’t been hearing about him, as people probably don’t want to spoil what happens with his character.

As for Tobias Menzies, I hear a lot of people saying he’ll be placed in lead. If he’s in supporting he could be a threat, but my guess is, if there’s a well received supporting performance that’s eligible on The Crown then they’ll campaign them in supporting and put Menzies in lead, like what happened with Lithgow and Harris (should’ve been in Guest, but that terrible 50% rule put an end to that) in the first season.

Think Menzies will be pushed to Lead to make way for O’Connor in Supporting – both are getting praises from critics with advance screeners so it seems like their roles are sizeable.

Or they could push both in Supporting but would be silly because they would never overcome the vote split.

That Harris miss because of a technicality still annoys me. Hope it doesn’t happen to Charles Dance for season 3 because I think he’s easily winning Guest if he gets nommed.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I know I was just raving Unbelievable, but I just finished Years and Years and HOLY SHIT. It’s right up there with WTSU and Chernobyl in terms of quality and the ending to Episode 4 is probably one of the most powerful moments I’ve seen on TV, ever.  

Glad to see that I’m not the only one.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

The buzz for succession has been bigger this year. It’s probably returning in series, and I’m assuming it will get some acting nominations. Luckily for HBO, it can co exist with BLL in those categories since BLL has a female lead cast, while succession’s is male.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.