Home Forums Television Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Tyler
Luca Giliberti
  • The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Current Comedy predictions

SERIES

1. Barry
    2. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 
    3. Atlanta
    4. The Politician 
    5. The Good Place 
    6. Run
    7. Schitt’s Creek

ACTRESS

1. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 
    2. Catharine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek 
    3. Merritt Wever, Run
    4. Jessica Lange, The Politician 
    5. Kristen Bell, The Good Place 
    6. Pamela Adlon, Better Things

ACTOR

1. Ted Danson, The Good Place 
    2. Bill Hader, Barry
    3. Donald Glover, Atlanta
    4. Domnhall Gleeson, Run
    5. Ben Platt, The Politician 
    6. Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS 

1. Kate McKinnon, SNL
    2. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Run
    3. Sarah Goldberg, Barry
    4. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 
    5. Zazie Beetz, Atlanta
    6. Gwyneth Paltrow, The Politician 
    7. D’arcy Carden, The Good Place 
    8. Cecily Strong, SNL

SUPPORTING ACTOR 

1. Bryan Tyree Henry, Atlanta
    2. Alec Baldwin, SNL
    3. Stephen Root, Barry
    4. Anthony Carrigan, Barry
    5. Henry Winkler, Barry
    6. Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek 
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Surely this works against it rather than in its favour given the state of most of this season? I’d sooner predict the show if I thought voters hadn’t gotten round to watching any of it since season one (I’m only playing devil’s advocate with all of this. Not saying you’re wrong to predict it as given how GOT did this year with a disastrous season it could still do well)

Well, in all fairness, I just saw and read so many people writing off its chances. But we all live in the internet bubble anyway. I know people who loved GOT S8 and I know many people who love THT S3. But we’ll see I guess 🙂

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

But we all live in the internet bubble anyway. I know people who loved GOT S8 and I know many people who love THT S3. But we’ll see I guess

So true. I just had a pretty heated argument regarding Dany’s S8 plot and Arya’s Braavos storyline with my roommate, who recently binge watched the entire show. He and I’ve been very amiable since the beginning, so I dropped the subject after it was clear both of us weren’t going to change our initial opinions anyway.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

So true. I just had a pretty heated argument regarding Dany’s S8 plot and Arya’s Braavos storyline with my roommate, who recently binge watched the entire show. He and I’ve been very amiable since the beginning, so I dropped the subject after it was clear both of us weren’t going to change our initial opinions anyway.

GOT S8 is like politics now, lol.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I am watching shows to catch up for next years Emmys. And I am currently catching up on Westworld Season 1, and it is so dang GOOD!!!!! Can’t wait for next season.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m gonna try and watch all of the shows that will likely get nominations next year. I’ve watched Years and Years and Black Mirror already. I’m currently watching the first season of Stranger Things. I’ll watch The Crown the night it come out. Killing Eve will take me no more than 2 days to watch once it’s on Iplayer. In terms of comedies; I’m a huge fan of The Good Place so I’ll obviously watch the final season, I’m halfway through season two of Schitts creek which I’m really enjoying. Dead to Me and The Kominsky Method are comedies you can watch within a day.</p>
    The shows that will take me a big longer are Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale and Westworld as I haven’t seen any seasons of them yet. I’m less reluctant to watch THT as it just doesn’t seem that good of a watch.

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I am watching shows to catch up for next years Emmys. And I am currently catching up on Westworld Season 1, and it is so dang GOOD!!!!! Can’t wait for next season.

I loved season 1 but haven’t finished season 2 because I thought it wasn’t good lol. I hope you like it though!

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t how you people do it with Westworld. I have seen all of it but I nearly fall asleep every time I watch it. That show is so damn boring.

Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m gonna try and watch all of the shows that will likely get nominations next year. I’ve watched Years and Years and Black Mirror already. I’m currently watching the first season of Stranger Things. I’ll watch The Crown the night it come out. Killing Eve will take me no more than 2 days to watch once it’s on Iplayer. In terms of comedies; I’m a huge fan of The Good Place so I’ll obviously watch the final season, I’m halfway through season two of Schitts creek which I’m really enjoying. Dead to Me and The Kominsky Method are comedies you can watch within a day.</p> The shows that will take me a big longer are Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale and Westworld as I haven’t seen any seasons of them yet. I’m less reluctant to watch THT as it just doesn’t seem that good of a watch.

THT is a very gripping show especially in its first season but filled with great complex characters.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t how you people do it with Westworld. I have seen all of it but I nearly fall asleep every time I watch it. That show is so damn boring.

Season 1 was pretty entertaining and thrilling, the twists were also well done, but season 2 felt like a chore to sit through so I stopped after a couple episodes. I don’t even have any type of urge to finish it lol, I’m probably done with that show.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 1 was pretty entertaining and thrilling, the twists were also well done, but season 2 felt like a chore to sit through so I stopped after a couple episodes. I don’t even have any type of urge to finish it lol, I’m probably done with that show.

Akane no Mai (episode 5) and the final three episodes are actually really good. You could probably just skip episodes 3 and 4 and not miss anything too important from what I recall.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I know most would differ in opinion in here but I think KE is safe for one Actress slot next year. I don’t understand how people can say it’s going to be the show out of those that broke through this year that will be dropped when it got 9 nominations (yes I know This is Us also got 9) and was nominated in Acting, Writing and Directing. The only other nominee to be nominated for all three this year is Game of Thrones. Ozark was snubbed in writing, Pose only got 2 over the line nominations, Succession got snubbed in Acting.

I mean GoT is winning this year, by far. But you have to admit, Killing Eve is the biggest threat to GoT this year and it has a shot at winning Writing and S.Actress. I know this may sound dubious as I am predicting Maisel to win Comedy over Fleabag and Barry which both got in all three categories but there is a big difference there, Maisel has the most nominations for a Comedy Series, excluding GoT,  Killing Eve and This is Us have the most nominations for any Drama Series nominee.

FYC GD Decade Awards : The Good Wife, The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in all categories

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown S2>>>>THT S1= WW S1 >The Crown S1 > >>>WW S2> THT S2

Carla Manuel
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Zoe Kazan would takes home the Emmy for Plot Against America and i think she would be in the Supporting Actress Limited Series category

Carla Manuel
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s overdue

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys Super Early 2020 Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.