Home Forums Television Fahrenheit 451 – HBO Movie

Fahrenheit 451 – HBO Movie

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Atypical
Malinda Kao
  • vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so disappointed. Jordan really tried but he was the only bright spot. My grade: C

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually enjoyed it for a TV movie…

Of course it is not as good as the original film, but it definitely deserves so Emmy attention. Michael B Jordan was fantastic, especially the 2nd half of the movie. He deserves a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

If it gets nominated for any Emmys and people like Sarah Gadon or Vanessa Kirby get snubbed, I won’t be discussing Emmys ever again.

If you say so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This really did not work.  Neither Michael B. Jordan nor Michael Shannon should be nominated.  They were not bad or anything; they just did not have meaty material.  Moving Shannon down to fourth.  Holding out to see if the ratings sucked before taking out Jordan entirely. I doubt that this gets anything else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

That wasn’t what I was expecting. I guess points for trying to give this work modern touches with technology advances and literary references (like burning a “Harry Potter” book and citing Zadie Smith). The novel resonates today more than ever, but the film is so muddled in its direction and messaging with most of the novel gutted. I don’t get some of what Rahim Bahrani was doing here, and he’s directed some fine films in the past. Emmys-wise, I wouldn’t nominate this for Made for Television Film, but this is a category that’s nodded a Bill Murray variety special on Netflix, a Dolly Parton Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel, and the Lifetime cast-off dud “Grace of Monaco.” This could totally get in still with HBO’s campaigning dollars and slight competition. Michael B. Jordan’s effortless charisma powered through much of this to make it watchable enough. Michael Shannon was definitely more nuanced here than he was in Best Picture Oscar winner “The Shape of Water,” which tells you how cartoonish his moustache-twirling villain was in that film compared to Beatty. Sofia Boutella brought a haunted element to Clarissa that I appreciated. Always glad to see Khandi Alexander pop up from time to time in things. This could have been a much better end product in different hands. I doubt anyone will truly get this film right, so you’re better off sticking to the classic and thrilling novel instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I enjoyed the movie , having not read the og novel i didnt know what it was about . it felt contemporary and exciting … i liked it

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

What the fuck did I just watch? So bad, so misguided. Pretty much the only thing I liked was the opening credits.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eagleton1stPawneeWorst
    Participant
    Topics:

The best thing about this flopping so hard is  Unintentionally awful Cocaine Godmother could sneak a nom like (ala Dolly Parton Christmas movie or Grace Of Monaco) cause tv movie is such hot garbage in 2018.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.