Home Forums Television FARGO Season 4 returns this September

FARGO Season 4 returns this September

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
replies
views
users
Eden
methaddiction
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Lastly, I haven’t seen Ratched, but I’m pretty sure Buckley is giving a superior performance.

I watched Ratched and for the whole time I watched Buckley I thought she is delivering what Ratched couldn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder how Buckley’s awards chances may have gone had the show premiered in Spring as planned. I assume she would have knocked out Holland Taylor but I wonder if she might have won.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I wonder how Buckley’s awards chances may have gone had the show premiered in Spring as planned. I assume she would have knocked out Holland Taylor but I wonder if she might have won.

I don’t think any of them would’ve won considering that actors don’t love the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Am I the only getting the feeling that this season is actually a Mike Milligan origin story. That would explain to me why this season takes place in Missouri and not Minnesota.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Am I the only getting the feeling that this season is actually a Mike Milligan origin story. That would explain to me why this season takes place in Missouri and not Minnesota.

Hawley said in a recent interview that it’s no coincidence that Whishaw’s character’s name is Milligan, so I’m sure they’re building to some reveal/insight about Mike.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Hawley said in a recent interview that it’s no coincidence that Whishaw’s character’s name is Milligan, so I’m sure they’re building to some reveal/insight about Mike.

Seeing how protective Whishaw’s character was of Cannon’s son, maybe he ends up raising the kid and gives him his name. I don’t think they mentioned the kid’s name, so he might be named Mike.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I think S4 debuted in a very wrong time. With election coming up and debates started, the season premiere made no noise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Jessie Buckley is incredible and they way her character manipulates people and wreaks chaos reminds me of Lorne Malvo. She’s the best thing about this season by far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I liked episode 3. Nice to see Whishaw have more to do. There’s still too much going on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Despite my personal disdain towards 60+ minutes episodes, this one flew by. Turman and Buckley continue to deliver and Whishaw got more this time. Still nothing from the two “leads”.

I miss the typical Fargo gullible character from previous seasons, like the ones played by Freeman, McGregor and Stuhlbarg. Schwartzman is getting somewhere near to this type of character, but they were usually more prominent in the beginning of each season. Reviewers called the season formulaic and yet, to me it feels more different than ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Another solid episode, though I agree it felt overstuffed with characters and plot. The size of the ensemble seems a bit too unwieldy for Hawley at this point in the season, though I’m excited to see how all of the disparate players consolidate. I also agree that this feels almost nothing like previous Fargo installments. Yes, it’s still quirky and verbose, but it’s just different––in pace, in setting, in tone. It also hasn’t had any brilliant, standout moments, despite strong work from Turman and Whishaw in this episode. I’m engaged all the same, though, and look forward to where it’s going.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

“The Pretend War” is the best episode of the season so far, by a wide margin. Terrifically paced and all of the pieces are finally coming together in exciting ways. I love that the ipecac from the end of the premiere actually has ramifications for the plot––it felt almost throwaway last week, but I should’ve given Hawley et al. the benefit of the doubt on it. I also love the quasi-supernatural/spiritual scenes this week; feels very Fargo without being a retread of previous seasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Pleasantly surprised to see Stefani Robinson’s name in the end credits.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

It’s a shame reviews threw cold water on this season, because I think it’s been great. It does feel like a different show from its previous outings, but I’m enjoying the slow burn and finding every episode really nicely builds up the tension for what I assume will be an explosive finale. The past two episodes––”The Birthplace of Civilization” and “Camp Elegance”––were both excellent with standout performances from Glynn Turman and Ben Whishaw, respectively. Rock finally grew into the role and impressed with “Civilization,” which would make a great Emmy submission if he’s remembered. Whishaw is the real beating heart of this season, though, and I’d love to see him remembered at the Globes at least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I feel like Whishaw’s role is to small to get a Globe nomination. And I also feel like FX is gonna push Schwartzman for Globe more then there gonna push Whishaw.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.