Home Forums Television For Your Consideration Thread (Emmys 2018)

For Your Consideration Thread (Emmys 2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
forwardswill
Turd Ferguson
Luca Giliberti
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to use this thread so that you can promote your favorites for this year’s Emmys. I think that very often we don’t get to do that properly. Maybe leave a reason why this person/show/ episode should be nominated. Have fun!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to start with my absolute favorite: Viola Davis (How to Get Away With Murder).

She is eligible in both the lead actress category for HTGAWM and in the guest actress category drama for Scandal. Both for her role as Annalise Keating.

Season 4 was a very big season for Annalise. After three seasons of chaos, tragedy and alcoholism, she finally started getting it together. From defending underdogs in court, to giving a powerful speech about the flaws of the American justice system, to saving a mother’s newborn child in an elevator, season 4 was just a big season for Annalise. Viola knocks it out of the park in every episode, even when the writing is not the strongest. It’s one thing to give a strong performance with a strong script, but it’s another thing to give a complex, layered, heartfelt performance on a soapy network show like HTGAWM. I ask the Emmy voters to please consider her in both categories as her guest role on Scandal was as powerful as her leading role on HTGAWM.

Episodes that showcase her talent:

• I’m Not Her (4.02)
    • Live.Live.Live (4.08)
    • Lahey v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (4.13)
    • Let Me Reintroduce Myself (7.12) – Scandal

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I just have this to say for my biggest For Your Consideration:

PICKLE RIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!! (for Animated Program)

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

• Dear White People in all categories.
    • Insecure in all categories
    • The Good Place in all categories
    • The Good Fight in all categories
    • One Day At A Time in all categories
    • The Chi in all categories
    • Jenifer Lewis in Comedy Supporting Actress
    • Zach Woods in Comedy Supporting Actor

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC Michelle Dockery – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or TV Movie – Godless

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC:
    Halt and Catch Fire in Best Drama Series: This show ended on such a high note and is arguably the best drama season this Emmy cycle. The cast is superb and the writing is excellent. This was also the most emotional season by far. It should also be considered for its lead actors and actresses.
    Dan Stevens, Legion in Best Drama Actor: Stevens was great in Season 1 and he tops that in Season 2 with his unpredictable portrayal of a mad man on the verge of collapse. He took his performance to new heights in Chapter 14, which showcases David in different alternate realities. The series should also be considered in Directing and Aubrey Plaza in supporting actress.
    Danielle Brooks, Orange is the New Black in Best Drama Supporting Actress: Brooks was on another level compared to the rest of the cast in Season 5 as she deals with the death of her best friend. She shows so much dramatic range throughout the season and it would be criminal to snub her.
    Justin Hartley, Noah Emmerich, and Zahn McClarnon in Best Drama Supporting Actor: It feels like This is Us season 2 was written around the idea of making Hartley’s Kevin the most interesting character on the show. Hartley deserves not only a nomination, but an Emmy for Number One, the episode in which he deals with his drug addiction. Emmerich showed so much in just a facial expression as he discovers the truth behind his friends in the series finale of The Americans. He’s deserved it for years and this is the last opportunity to recognize Stan Beeman. McClarnon’s Akecheta took control over one of Westworld’s best episodes to date. His emotional attachment to his wife and final scene with Thandie Newton are exceptional. I would also consider the rest of the cast(Harris, Wright, Wood, Newton, and Marsden) for nominations as well.
    Corporate for Best Comedy Series: This Comedy Central gem went relatively unnoticed throughout its first season run. This is awful because the show is superb. The representation of office life is unlike any I’ve seen on television before. The characters are hilarious and the plots insane, in particular an episode in which a PowerPoint is made to sell a war. It’s unlike anything else on tv, and it deserves recognition for its genius. Lance Reddick and Fred Willard also deserve consideration for their stellar Supporting and Guest acting, respectively.
    Alex Lawther and Jessica Barden, The End of the F***ing World for Best Comedy Actor and Actress: Lawther and Barden made what is the most pleasant surprise of this TV season. A series of seven perfect 20 minute episodes about two misunderstood teenagers who find love in each other’s alarming qualities. Lawther portrays a likable psychopath while Barden’s straightforawrdness complements his silence perfectly. The series should also be considered for Best Comedy Series.
    Marc Maron, GLOW for Best Comedy Supporting Actor: Maron gave without a doubt the best supporting performance this year. It never seemed to me that he was acting, that’s how good he was at portraying Sam Sylvia, the tv producer who has serious issues. He stole the show from the outstanding cast of female wrestlers as he struggled with his issues of commitment and fear of irrelevance. The series should also be considered for Best Comedy Series and Brie for Comedy Actress.
    Jenifer Lewis and D’Arcy Carden for Best Comedy Supporting Actress: These are two universally acclaimed Supporting Actress performances but yet they both seem to stand no chance of a nomination. They are both the best of a amazing ensembles and bring out the best humor of their shows.
    Twin Peaks in Limited Series, Kyle MacLachlan for Best Limited Actor, Laura Dern and Naomi Watts for Best Limited Supporting Actress, and David Lynch and Mark Frost for Best Writing and Directing: Twin Peaks: The Return is without a doubt the most mesmorizing and addicting show of the last year. No show has kept me waiting week to week and anticipating what would happen next in Twin Peaks. It is a masterpiece of Lynch’s and features Kyle MacLachlan in a career best performance as he plays four different charavters to perfection. Laura Dern is also outstanding as Diane as is Naomi Watts as the fierce Janney-E. But the best of all is Lynch’s direction, specifically that in Part 8.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Whilst we’re doing FYCs does anyone have any great but, more importantly, bingeable shows to recommend? There’s only a couple more weeks ’til I stop watching stuff from this season and I want to watch as much as possible. Please don’t suggest any slow and overlong dramas as I’ve already got that in watching this season of Westworld. Tell me what’s gooooood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Whilst we’re doing FYCs does anyone have any great but, more importantly, bingeable shows to recommend? There’s only a couple more weeks ’til I stop watching stuff from this season and I want to watch as much as possible. Please don’t suggest any slow and overlong dramas as I’ve already got that in watching this season of Westworld. Tell me what’s gooooood.

Have you watched Twin Peaks?

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Well I love HTGAWM. So I will always recommend that. The Handmaid’s Tale will also always be a suggestion of mine. Which shows do yoy generally like?

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

No but I never watched the original. Does it matter?

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Well I love HTGAWM. So I will always recommend that. The Handmaid’s Tale will also always be a suggestion of mine. Which shows do yoy generally like?

Have seen both of those ofc haha. To make things easier here’s my current list for the season:

13 Reasons Why
    American Crime Story
    American Horror Story
    American Vandal
    The Big Bang Theory
    Black Mirror
    Broadchurch
    Call the Midwife
    Collateral
    The Crown
    Designated Survivor
    Divorce
    Doctor Who
    The Durrells
    Episodes
    GLOW
    Godless
    Good Behavior
    Good Girls
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    How to Get Away with Murder
    Ill Behaviour
    Killing Eve
    Kiri
    Liar
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    The Mayor
    The Middle
    Mindhunter
    Mom
    Outlander
    Patrick Melrose
    Riverdale (I stopped after one episode of this season)
    Scandal
    Schitt’s Creek
    Speechless
    Station 19
    Stranger Things
    The Tale
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Westworld
    Will and Grace
    Young Sheldon

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

No but I never watched the original. Does it matter?

It probably does. The original is great as well I would recommend watching the whole series after you’re done binging these other shows. For now, The End of the F***ing World is outstanding, and I also love Corporate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The End of the F**king World. It is only 8 episodes and at the longest they are 22 minutes. Definitely check it out.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Place and Counterpart are worth binge watching. The latter one is usually 50 minutes, but you could give it a try. I was going to suggest The End of the F***ing World, but Teridax already said it.

ReplyCopy URL
    insomniac26
    Participant
    Topics:

This Close
    Future Man
    Claws
    At Home with Amy Sedaris
    Channel Zero
    The Magicians
    The Path
    Imposters
    The Arrangement
    Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency
    The Bold Type
    Queen Sugar
    Greenleaf
    Odd Mom Out

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.