Home Forums Television FOSSE/VERDON (2019)

FOSSE/VERDON (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
Jays
Kubrick
  • nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

It really is a shame because Williams and Arquette are both so, so good. Like possibly career best for both. But like the above said, maybe Arquette can win supporting (even though her performance in Dannemora is way better) and I can think of it as her winning for both haha and then Williams can win lead. Poor Amy Adams though

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Arquette already has an Emmy and an Oscar. Clarkson was way overrated anyway so if you want to give Patty a consolation win in supporting fine, but WHITE MICHELLE deserves the leading lady Emmy.

I am hoping for WHITE MICHELLE in lead and if she’s good Vera Farmiga in Supporting. Both of these women are overdue for a top industry award. Patty has a ton of awards already.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Andrea.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Andrea.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

What I’m really enjoying/appreciating about this show is how much it relies on what really happened and when. I’m sure small details have gotten moved around, but so far everything’s happening in the right order, in the right year, every hospital stay, heart attack, break up, childbirth, affair, etc. is all happening at the correct time, during the correct production, with the correct people. Bob really did have that heart attack while he was doing lenny/chicago, and he really did check into the hospital at the end of his banner year. He and Gwen really did separate during the production of Cabaret, and Ann Reinking really was nominated for a tony the year before they did Chicago. They technically made up a boyfriend for Gwen in the sense that it’s not an exact person, but the age difference to the career to even the way they met is accurate to Gwen’s real life most significant relationship after Bob. I know it shouldn’t really be that much but considering how often biopics move stuff around, put stuff at the same time when they really occurred years apart, switch up the order, it’s really fun to check the dates after each episode and see they all track. Really shows how dramatic and fascinating the ups and downs of their lives really were.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  nkb325.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  nkb325.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t pretend to have had much knowledge about Bob Fosse or Gwen Verde prior to this series. However, now that i’m three episodes in, I have just found their story that much more fascinating. Michelle Williams, thus far, is truly the star, and at the top of her game! She is delivering one hell of a performance!! She is DEFINITELY giving Patricia a big run for her money as frontrunner for the emmy, who I also found to be brilliant! What a great potential list of lead actress mini-series/tv movie nominees this is shaping up to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

Tonight’s Series Finale: Providence

Synopsis: Gwen looks ahead to an uncertain future, as Bob tells the story of his life on film.

Discuss!

P.S.

I’m currently in New York City for a couple days, and I just got back from seeing Chita Rivera perform at Feinstein’s 54 Below. She even got to talk about her experiences working with Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

What an ending!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

So sad to see this show go! It really did get better and better as the weeks went on, and what a finale that last episode was. The final scene was heartbreaking and Williams completely nailed it, as she did this entire series. I’m genuinely floored by her work here. It’s career best and she fully deserves the Emmy, Globe, SAG, and whatever else is left. Can’t believe she was able to pull off what she did. I really can’t say enough about it. Rockwell was also good throughout, as was Qualley with her limited screen time. But yeah, this was all Williams for me.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.