Home Forums Television FOSSE/VERDON (2019)

FOSSE/VERDON (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 161 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
Jays
Kubrick
  • lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

White Michelle better collect her things for this.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

Two new additions to the cast have been announced. Two-time Tony nominee Brandon Uranowitz will play Dustin Hoffman (who worked with Bob Fosse on the 1974 film, Lenny) and Tyler Hanes will play Jerry Orbach (who worked with Fosse on the original production of Chicago).
    http://www.playbill.com/article/brandon-uranowitz-and-tyler-hanes-join-fxs-fosse-verdon

ReplyCopy URL
    Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

White Michelle better collect her things for this.

From your mouth to gawd’s ears. But I’m wary of Patricia Arquette concluding her clean sweep at the Emmys, though. Amy Adams is done for Sharp Objects, but Arquette seems to be hot again this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope this is good because I need WHITE Michelle to win a big award and I need someone to beat Arquette and it certainly won’t be Lamy.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope this is good because I need WHITE Michelle to win a big award and I need someone to beat Arquette and it certainly won’t be Lamy.

Hoping the Arquette coronation ends with the TV Academy. Williams will be brand spanking new and is definitely the future for prizes at the Globes and SAG.

Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress (Richard Jewell)

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m fine with that if Arquette wins supporting actress.

I am curious to see how the performance compares to her Dannemora one, because that will be hard to top.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

While I think Adams was incredible in Sharp Objects and should be sweeping, I think she is done. And while Arquette has been the one sweeping, I think Williams will have the benefit of having a more recent/buzzier show by the time Emmy voting happens and she also has the added boost of not having lost to Arquette at the Globes/Critic’s Choice/SAG like Adam’s did. I still think it’s Arquette’s to lose, but I think William’s has a pretty decent shot at upsetting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

While I think Adams was incredible in Sharp Objects and should be sweeping, I think she is done. And while Arquette has been the one sweeping, I think Williams will have the benefit of having a more recent/buzzier show by the time Emmy voting happens and she also has the added boost of not having lost to Arquette at the Globes/Critic’s Choice/SAG like Adam’s did. I still think it’s Arquette’s to lose, but I think William’s has a pretty decent shot at upsetting.

These are exactly my thoughts. Adams should be winning, without having seen Williams, but I’m all for Williams coming in and taking it from Arquette.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

These are exactly my thoughts. Adams should be winning, without having seen Williams, but I’m all for Williams coming in and taking it from Arquette.

Even though I’m a stan that sticks to my guns and won’t readily accept Adams’ defeat, anyone who upsets Arquette and her paper notes is one that I will respect to the end of time, and here’s to Williams to doing just that.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    BigJay2012
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though I’m a stan that sticks to my guns and won’t readily accept Adams’ defeat, anyone who upsets Arquette and her paper notes is one that I will respect to the end of time, and here’s to Williams to doing just that.

lol@ “paper notes”

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The press received the first two episodes of Fosse/Verdon an hour and a half ago; embargo ends in nineteen hours.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.