Home Forums Television FOSSE/VERDON (2019)

FOSSE/VERDON (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
17 hours ago
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
SHT L
Riley
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, that’s it, folks. Arquette is winning. That sadly means Clarkson is winning supporting actress, which I’ll endure since there is 0 competition and they’re not gonna give Arquette 2/2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, that’s it, folks. Arquette is winning. That sadly means Clarkson is winning supporting actress, which I’ll endure since there is 0 competition and they’re not gonna give Arquette 2/2.

I’m so happy about Arquette though!

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Paulson rises. I won’t accept it if she gets snubbed seriously. I WON’T. I’m already mad at GoldDerby for having her in 8th. Connie Britton, seriously darlings? For what? Have people actually seen Dirty John? Yes, it’s that bad. And I can’t stand seeing Helen Mirren in the prediction center either for something that won’t be eligible. Anyway, Michelle and Rockwell are getting nominated  no matter what so …

ReplyCopy URL
    Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This reminds me of Trust, another spring FX anthology about real-life people in the 1970s and made by Oscar winners coming to television. That ended up with 67 on Metacritic last year and I suspect Fosse/Verdon to do similarly. This will do better at the Emmys because it will get a better campaign, e.g. not being inexplicably submitted as a drama. Trust had a bombastic premiere that suggested more of a Ryan Murphy-esque farce than is suggested by the premiere Fosse/Verdon, which sounds like the pitch for another Murphy limited series on FX. I found myself asking what I was watching from the opening scene of Fosse/Verdon, so if you find yourself not responding well at the start of the premiere, do not expect the show to grow on you over the course of the first two episodes.

FX emailed the press yesterday evening “This Just In!” that they will be providing the third, fourth and maybe the fifth episodes to us sometime next week, with no embargo on them, so do not expect there to be any more reviews until then. I am so confused by how FX is providing episodes to the press and managing review embargoes and whatnot for this show. I will post when those become available and I suppose that I should check them out.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Sigh.

I will have to hope LAMY rallies and takes it than.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I posted that on the last page five days ago.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.