Home Forums Television FYC Ads/Campaigns 2020-21 Television Season

FYC Ads/Campaigns 2020-21 Television Season

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Antony Mathews
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I do not mind. It is not like he was a lead in the context of the five-episode Small Axe. Someone like Anya Taylor-Joy dominates her series. Should Michael Fagan’s actor submit in lead because he dominated the “Fagan” episode of The Crown when he did not appear in any others? It is not the same, but that I can make the comparison makes Boyega’s submission not egregious in my books.

Looks like Amazon is being strategic with Malachi Kirby. Given how long “Mangrove” is compared to the other episodes and given how many group scenes there are, I doubt that he did not qualify, so I think that Amazon is just recognizing that they are not going to occupy four of the six supporting actor slots (or two from one episode).

Submissions are one thing, but I am surprised about the Gina Carano campaign. Not like Netflix’s Pieces of a Woman campaign stuck with Shia LaBeouf for the season, even if he still appeared on the BAFTA eligibility or SAG nominating lists and whatnot.

That’s my thoughts on the whole Small Axe cast
    Boyega was lead on his ep but MIA in all others, is it fair to him (or to the supporting from continuous show for all that matters) that he compete with Ethan Hawke, Ewan McGregor and all the rest that are in their entire show? Not really

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Small Axe is an episodic anthology and Boyega’s episode was almost solely focused on his character and will be the only one in contention for voters when he is up for consideration. I do understand the opposing sentiment but I respectfully disagree.

I don’t see it is a Tom Brooke like situation because The Crown isn’t an episodic anthology and unlike Small Axe it has continuity in its plot. As a genuine question should Gillian Anderson be considered to have less narrative prominence in the fourth season of The Crown than Helena Bonham Carter because she’s in 6 and not 9 episodes?

that he compete with Ethan Hawke, Ewan McGregor and all the rest that are in their entire show?

I personally feel like it is justifiable for him to compete with those two purely because his arc isn’t a supporting one and is self contained to “Red, White and Blue” in the same way it’s the case for some of the performers competing in lead.

Can Boyega’s performance (or even Parkes’ although I don’t mind him competing in supporting in retrospect because “Mangrove” is much more of an ensemble piece) be accurately judged against someone like Bill Camp’s? That’s more or less my demur here.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Seriously, Disney ? Where’s Carl Lumbly ?

I’m assuming deliberately whether to petition him in Guest? He appears in exactly 50% (3/6) so would be supporting right now.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

That season when Diana Rigg appeared in half of the episodes, HBO did not submit her, but doing so would have hurt their submitted supporting contenders and Game of Thrones did not make many (guest) submissions anyway.  It is the opposite in both cases with The Mandalorian, so the non-submission is a little curious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m wondering if Shaun Parkes (if nominated) might end up stealing votes from Boyega. Amazon have been campaigning for him hard in their Small Axe promo and he could have a boost in visibility if he takes the BAFTA.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Anyone know where I can find all the FYC booklets from networks

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One of Amazon’s FYC gift boxes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix have added to their FYC site and FYSEE TV!

https://fyseetv.netflixawards.com/

Notable findings:

– Two Q&As with Adjoa Andoh and Nicola Coughlan
    – A Q&A with Cynthia Nixon
    – Two Halston panels
    – A Cobra Kai panel

What’s also interesting is how Netflix have adjusted all their Kominsky Method promotional images to include Kathleen Turner alongside Michael Douglas.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Amazon is campaigning Lily Rabe

https://mobile.twitter.com/awards_watch/status/1392918615653896195

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Antony Mathews
    Topics:

Emmy FYC: P-Valley in all categories; I May Destroy You in all categories; Sandra Oh, Steven Yeun and JK Simmons for "Invincible".

International Emmy FYC: Camila Morgado and Eduardo Moscovis in "Good Morning Veronica" (globally on Netflix). Alessandra Negrini in "Invisible City" (globally on Netflix).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Halston

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not necessarily FYC ads but here’s a look at HBO’s drive in from Twitter:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Non-alcoholic beer because people are inescapably driving, ha.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love how due to the arrangements of the boards in the first picture, it’s almost like an entire FYC ad for Jean Smart lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.