Home Forums Television Game of Thrones’ eligibility for 2019 Emmys is now questionable

Game of Thrones’ eligibility for 2019 Emmys is now questionable

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Mukund
FairWeatherAf..
Dvir B.A.
  • DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

http://watchersonthewall.com/season-8-may-not-air-until-summer-2019-prequel-pilot-production-date-revealed/

In a conversation with the Huffington Post about the show’s 22 Emmy nominations in 2018, Bauer segues into a much more revealing direction, claiming that “in two years” they’ll “be eligible for the Season 8 [VFX] work,” which they have just begun working on.

If Bauer is correct and the eighth season won’t be eligible at the Emmys until 2020, that means most of the season won’t have aired until after the 2019 deadline: May 31. Apparently, Bauer can’t swear this is the case, as “so much of it comes down to timing and all that stuff; the situation changes every week”, but he can confirm his VFX team have nothing but Game of Thrones scheduled until May. In his own words: “We’re going to be toiling away on Season 8 until May of 2019, so it’s eight or nine months away.”

Damn, I don’t know how certain we can be about this but still… even if they do well this year, which is unfortunately still questionable (just for another show stealing the spotlight last year), I’m not sure they’ll survive another 2 year gap. Awful strategy by HBO’s side

FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

…I’m not sure they’ll survive another 2 year gap.

Here’s hoping they don’t. It’s time for some new, and better, blood, so to speak.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, I don’t know how certain we can be about this but still… even if they do well this year, which is unfortunately still questionable (just for another show stealing the spotlight last year), I’m not sure they’ll survive another 2 year gap. Awful strategy by HBO’s side

Even though I am a bit sad to not potentially see GoT at the 2019 Emmys, I’d rather see them focusing on getting everything RIGHT regarding the final season than worry about awards and stuff. S7 was their weakest and I really want to see them go out on a high note. Moreover, this kind of stuff didn’t affect BrBa S5, so if S8 is not disappointing, it could very well win again. At least, HBO seems to have it’s priorities right.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know it seems like they are (unnecessarily)  just taking their time now, I mean filming is already over for over a month now so the part that had to be made carefully is over, I couldn’t possibly see what would take them almost a year just for post-production. I mean they used to make a whole (longer) season in just 9 months, and they’ve always been doing impressive stuff technically, even if they triple the ante in this season I still can’t see why post-production alone would take a whole year just for 6 episodes

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know it seems like they are (unnecessarily) just taking their time now, I mean filming is already over for over a month now so the part that had to be made carefully is over, I couldn’t possibly see what would take them almost a year just for post-production. I mean they used to make a whole (longer) season in just 9 months, and they’ve always been doing impressive stuff technically, even if they triple the ante in this season I still can’t see why post-production alone would take a whole year just for 6 episodes

What they intend to do this season might not be done in previous years’ post-production timeframe. GRRM basically described ASOIAF as ‘unfilmable’, so I am imagining the scope of the final season is gonna live up to that. There’s always reshoots and stuff also. A month more wait isn’t that bad. Emmy eligibility should be the last thing GoT should have on it’s mind right now. Here’s hoping for a great ending to a great show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok…. Why was my previous post taken down? This is becoming more unprofessional now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

If Game of Thrones is eligible for the 2020 Emmys then fine, it can sweep those with no issues. The show is too legendary to lose for its last epic season. I actually hope GoT isn’t eligible for next year so that I can root for Better Call Saul with no conflicts.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.