( +34 hidden )
May 13, 2019 at 9:46 pm #1202892885
You want to know which characters have been singled out as such? Patty Hewes, Walter White, Don Draper, Tony Soprano. Y’all stans, we will ear everything omg. Good Lord!
Um, no. Lol. I know you love Close but still.May 13, 2019 at 9:57 pm #1202892894
This season has definitely been a disappointment. People who are defending it are morons. Plain and simple.May 13, 2019 at 10:09 pm #1202892897
People who don’t like this season are not haters and those who do aren’t blind stans. Let people have their own opinions ffs.
This thread is getting more obnoxious than Best Actress this year.May 13, 2019 at 10:45 pm #1202892924
Best Actress 2019 is accurate. I learned from that mess that it’s actually useful to read different opinions. I won’t fight bitches here who enjoyed the episode, what’s filmed is filmed. Sharing opinions is useful.
Let’s be better than Dany and Cersei lolMay 13, 2019 at 11:12 pm #1202892941
Last episode was a disaster from a writing point of view – Icky pretty much said everything that needed to be said. It is discouraging to see such an important TV series end like that, even from a “no fan” point of view. Just discouraging.May 13, 2019 at 11:55 pm #1202892959This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.May 14, 2019 at 12:02 am #1202892967
I will miss Lena Headey on my screen so badly. She’s such a queen. She did so much with so little this season. I can’t believe one of the most iconic TV characters died like THAT. What a disgrace. Thank you Lena for eight seasons of brilliant work, we are truly thankful. Now get that Emmy and I can rest in peace.
Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.May 14, 2019 at 3:08 am #1202893071This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.May 14, 2019 at 4:00 am #1202893097
I legit got teary-eyed when Lena started crying, which only speaks to her incredible talent that she could make me feel for such a despicable character. She needs to win that Emmy for the eight years of splendid work she’s done on that show, if there’s any justice.
I actually did not hate this episode or even dislike it like the fourth episode (which I truly hated), but I do have issues with a few things:
1. I’m sorry, but Jaime’s entire character arc has been ruined. If this is the ending that GRRM has in mind for Jaime as well (which I don’t think is the case), then I’m truly disappointed. It just makes NO SENSE for him to go back to her after the journey we saw his character go on.
2. I actually don’t hate Dany’s trajectory as much as others, but yeah she did go from like 15 to 1000 in one second, and the set-up doesn’t justify it. If David and Dan knew this was the path her character was heading towards, they should have done more to build it up in Season 6 and 7. Because till Season 8 episode 2, she did nothing to justify her becoming a mass-murdering genocide inducing tyrant.
3. All this plot-armour, be it for Jon or Arya, is getting super annoying.
4. The show was an absolute triumph of Cinematography and Direction, Miguel has EANRED his damn Emmy.
5. Emilia Clarke has been so fucking good this season, I’m actually not averse to a win, especially if she delivers in the next episode as well.May 14, 2019 at 4:27 am #1202893100
Jaime has an addiction to Cersei. Olenna put it well – a disease. While I hate the zero character development, at least he tried. I buy it. Addiction is like that. You could be sober for several years, but all you need is 1 moment of weakness and you’ll find yourself back to it.
I always tell myself that I would stop playing video games, and I would be successful for several weeks but eventually I fall back to it…so I totally understand Jaime.May 14, 2019 at 4:43 am #1202893107
I believe The Bells might be the most nominated Drama episode at the Emmys.
Best Drama Directing
Supporting Actor: Dinklage (if submits it)
Lead Actress: Clarke (if submits it – I believe the finale will be hers)
Supporting Actress: Headey
Production DesignMay 14, 2019 at 5:08 am #1202893119This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.May 14, 2019 at 5:46 am #1202893177
Yeah Dinklage has been so good this season, that I cannot deny him a win. It’s like last year, when he legit earned his Emmy.
I am still not over his bizarre 2015 win though, so I hope someone else wins this year.
The topic ‘Game of Thrones Final Season (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.