Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 410 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Guest2014
mariogomez
  • Cordell Martin
    Participant
    Topics:

Any idea as to where “Claws” is going to be submitted?

ReplyCopy URL
    1avengers
    Participant
    Topics:

They love Legacies. Riley Keough, Tracey Ellis Ross. She is the daughter of Carrie Fisher and grand daughter of Debbie Reynolds shortly after they did. It would be a way to honor them. I honestly wouldn’t count out supporting nomination for Fisher for Catastrophe that would be entirely a namecheck. Also, the globes might want to get in on the anti Trump train, and AHS: Cult is certainly a part of that. I am not predicting Lourd but she makes total sense.

I think there’s a difference when it comes to legacy performers from one of the best comedies on TV and (I’m guessing) a hot new anthology show, and a show that’s lost some of its steam. Plus, the TV supporting actress categories are pretty stacked as it is. Many of us had our troubles predicting Drama, and I firmly believe the Limited Series category was a slugfest.

On the other hand, it is kind of unclear which categories some performers will end up in (Ryder, Woodley, etc.), so that just might leave Lourd space. But, the foremost question must be asked: Is her performance good?

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

They love Legacies. Riley Keough, Tracey Ellis Ross.

I understand that, but both Keough and Ross had other things going for them as well, which Lourd does not.

Black-ish had gotten into comedy series and for lead actor, so clearly the HFPA was receptive to it. And Keough was on a brand new Starz show (the HFPA adores new shows and Starz) and the category wasn’t that competitive last year as far as nominations were concerned. It’s also important to remember that both Ross and Keough are more established actors that Lourd is.

In contrast, Lourd is vying for a nomination in the most competitive category at the globes, her show is old news that the HFPA has moved on from and her past notable credits only includes Scream Queens.

I think you make a great point about them actually nominating Carrie Fisher here for Catastrophe – now that seems more up their alley and I think Fisher gets in for a posthumous nod before Lourd does for AHS.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Golden Globe voting ended (January 12) before Michael C. Hall’s cancer diagnosis was announced (January 13).

If so then I’m with Chris Beachum, Messing is so winning this one. She has the most buzz, is the most overdue, she’s winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Uhm, I’m confused with the submitting and voting deadlines, but is The Crown eligible? I think it airs after the submitting deadline ends.

ReplyCopy URL
    I’m New Here, You Don’t Know Me
    Participant
    Topics:

Uhm, I’m confused with the submitting and voting deadlines, but is The Crown eligible? I think it airs after the submitting deadline ends.

It’s eligible for all except WGA.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

More I think about “I Love Dick”, more I want to predict it. I don’t think “Transparent” or “Mozart in the Jungle” will be nominated this year and “I Love Dick” is Amazon’s only new well-receipted show. Plus, the lead actors Kevin Bacon and Kathryn Hahn are familiar names to the voters, so as the creator and previous winner Jill Soloway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Irvin Malcolm Contreras
    Participant
    Topics:

Where’s American Vandal in TV Comedy Series?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Where’s American Vandal in TV Comedy Series?

Or limited series

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

The question is if all the HFPA will see the Crown at time, that could hurt Claire Foy chances of being nominated, i hope not.
    I still have McKean in tv supporting actor category, i only hope that that category remains not that strong for the moment. (We have to see first Bobby Cannavale and Cristian Slater in Mr Robot)

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

If JLD wins this year it won’t be entirely because of the cancer. To be completely honest, yes, the cancer does give her some sort of narrative. But the Globes were probably going to reward her either this year or next year regardless (There is no way Veep ends without her getting a Globe).

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Makuta Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Pamela Adlon is a serious contender to actually win for Better Things’ much better received 2nd season. Yeah, she was snubbed for the first season, but she hadn’t gotten her Emmy nod yet, and that ought to bring her and the show to the HFPA’s attention.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Yvonne Orji in the prediction center yet?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confused with the submitting and voting deadlines, but is The Crown eligible? I think it airs after the submitting deadline ends.

Paperwork is due before the end of the eligibility period for pretty much all awards.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

That Tv Supporting Actress Category and Tv Limited Series Actress are very uncertain.

Actress TV Limited Series: Carrie Coon, Jessica Biel, Elizabeth Moss, Susan Sarandon, Nicole Kidman, Sarah Gadon, Jessica Lange.

TV Supporting Actress: Laura Dern, Ann Dowd, Rita Moreno, Woodley, Strahovski, Anna Paquin, Billie Lourd, Lena Headey, Vanessa Kirby, Chrissy Metz, Nicole Kidman.

There are a lot of very deserving choices.

Ann Dowd is for me the best performance in the Supporting Actress field for the moment, but her very limited screen time could hurt his chances of being nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.