Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 410 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Guest2014
mariogomez
  • mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch out Merrit Wever in Godless, critics are very pleasant with her performance, i cannot wait to see the limited show.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

So, what do you think on the placement of Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington? I think Harington had more chance in supporting, I personally find that category weak this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarke and Harrington no chances in supporting , and neither in leading , that categories are very crowded , lead actress no so much but lead actor strong performances by Groff , Malek , Schrieber,Odenkirk , Brown, Ventimiglia, Highmore and Smith is getting good notices for the Crown and its his last season in the show. So i see imposible for Harrington geeting nominated for a popular performance, not an award caliber.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Oddly enough, they have stronger chances at Emmy nominations in lead than they do at the Globes, so hopefully they won’t let a possible snub here deter them from submitting them as leads at the Emmys too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It will be a sad day when the Emmys nominate Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington directly over Claire Danes and Rami Malek in categories that never recognized Carrie Coon and Justin Theroux.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Globes nominate award caliber performances , not only popular, the only two Game Of Thrones Golden Globe worthy performances are Dinklage and Headey.
    If Anna Gunn was never nominated at Globes, neither Clarke and Harrington, that´s only a fan´s dream!!!!!!!!!
    But anything can happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Globes nominate award caliber performances , not only popular, the only two Game Of Thrones Golden Globe worthy performances are Dinklage and Headey. If Anna Gunn was never nominated at Globes, neither Clarke and Harrington, that´s only a fan´s dream!!!!!!!!! But anything can happen.

They like GoT more than they liked Breaking Bad

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Nomination ballots will be sent on Friday, due to be returned on December 7th: https://www.goldenglobes.com/award-rules•entry-forms

Great! So Will & Grace is def. in! A lot of exposure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarke & Harington going lead changes nothing. Neither’s performance was outstanding.

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarke is the only one who deserves the nomination. Harrington can’t do anything besides a fight scene. Clarke elevates the scripts she’s given and all scenes she had with Harrington. (The dialogue she has to say I feel For her so much)

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Both would be fine nominees at either awards. My big worries for it at the Emmys are the gap between now and nominations voting and its replacement Westworld. The former is pretty self-explanatory, the latter has proved itself as an Emmy contender twice over. It’ll be getting GOT’s spring slot and the current drama series winner returns during this prime time and could expand on nominations too. GOT faces challenges going into the Emmys next year.

Now back to topic, the comedy/musical categories are hard to predict. Does Will & Grace win by default? It’s the buzziest of the contenders, the leads are hosting the 75th anniversary special, and the show never won during its first run.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

GLOW could win because it is new, even if it is going to be dropped entirely the very next year, like Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Anyone not predicting Will and Grace for a win is crazy. Even people who despise the show are predicting it for a win now. It’s also getting at least one acting win. I was thinking even Eric McCormack is a possibility. Tambor is out, Ansari has being Louis C.K. enabler going against him. The only competition for McCormack is Danson. Now let me do something I always wanted to do…

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people predicting Larry David & Curb Your Enthusiasm? The GGs have clearly dropped the show, having last nominated it in 2006.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The only competition for McCormack is Danson.

Danson has already 3 GGs, he ain’t getting a 4th one.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.