Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: TV Reactions Thread

Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: TV Reactions Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 174 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Ivo Stoyanov
Eden
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

In hindsight, the portend for calamity should’ve been heeded 4 hours ago, when E!’s red carpet show botched Jameela Jamil’s name when she was shown. She was called “Kamilah al-Jamil”.

This shambolic farce of Maisel even being ELIGIBLE JUST 2 DAYS BEFORE THE GLOBE NOMINATIONS CAME OUT was, is and always will be infuriating. I’d be outraged if ANY show pulled this horseshit. Even the Good Place. It’s wrong and the practice needs to be banned forevermore. It is poisonous and needs to be eradicated here and now

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, I didn’t think they would have a repeat winner so quickly but I am so glad it’s her 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh my god the stan is so pressed lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

This shambolic farce of Maisel even being ELIGIBLE JUST 2 DAYS BEFORE THE GLOBE NOMINATIONS CAME OUT was, is and always will be infuriating. I’d be outraged if ANY show pulled this horseshit. Even the Good Place. It’s wrong and the practice needs to be banned forevermore. It is poisonous and needs to be eradicated here and now

You fucking liar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

You forking liar.

I stand by it.

Globes eligibility should be between 12/1-11/30 of a given year. That way Maisel season 2 would be ineligible. No show should pull that crap. It’s a flaw that needs to be corrected.

At least Amy Adams will have competition tomorrow when the rounds of ‘who got robbed the most egregiously’. Brosnahan backed up the Brinks truck and stole Kristen Bell’s Golden Globe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I stand by it.

Globes eligibility should be between 12/1-11/30 of a given year. That way Maisel season 2 would be ineligible. No show should pull that crap. It’s a flaw that needs to be corrected.

At least Amy Adams will have competition tomorrow when the rounds of ‘who got robbed the most egregiously’. Brosnahan backed up the Brinks truck and stole Kristen Bell’s Golden Globe.

If The Good Place took a shit, you’d praise it as gold. If it did the same thing Maisel did, you wouldn’t bat a fucking eye.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I stand by it.

That was so not Kristen Bell’s Globe. Rachel Brosnahan was the best of that lineup by a mile but even if she wasn’t Alison Brie was right behind her.

And your November 30th deadline is pretty arbitrary considering that a lot of network shows end for midseason after that. Just admit that you’re coming up with any reason on Earth to delegitimize Maisel’s win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

The wins of Versace, Criss and The Americans made me so happy that I can forgive them some of the rest, kudos for them to reward the best!

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Too bad Amy Adams didn’t win. Other than that, it. The winners are pretty good. The Americans finally winning makes be a bit more optimistic about Game of Thrones next year

ReplyCopy URL
    金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

my score for TV:

score: 7/11
    score: 63.64%

my score for film:

score: 6/14
    score: 42.86%

and i was more passionate about the film side of things as well! idk wtf happened 🙁

I was banned for unspecified reasons. Bye, Goldderby. Thank you, next!

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, I did miserably with my predictions. I’m normally so good at this. I feel like a failure. How could I mess up so badly?!

ReplyCopy URL
    Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

The Americans winning Best Drama Series but losing both leading actor races to Richard Madden and Sandra Oh is astounding.

At least Patricia Arquette won, hopefully setting precedence for a great awards run this year. She was amazing in Escape at Dannemora, and Amy Adams didn’t do anything out of the ordinary for her in Sharp Objects. She’s getting a little stale playing similar troubled woman roles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, I did miserably with my predictions. I’m normally so good at this. I feel like a failure. How could I mess up so badly?!

Don’t be ashamed. It’s the Golden Globes. The HFPA get a mild joint lobotomy every year before picking their nominees and winners.

That’s why I don’t predict for the Golden Globes and Critics Choice races. Even though the Film and Television Academies make bad decisions some most of the time, they would never have declared Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book the two best pictures of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

With another shutout from broadcast network TV shows this year, maybe NBC should just end their association with the Globes. Farm it out to CNBC or MSNBC or one of their satellite cable channels. Just doesn’t seem worth it when they keep broadcasting an awards show on their network that goes out of its way to AVOID honoring broadcast network shows, no matter how better they are than streaming services’ shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

As expected, my predictions are a mess. I did say I wasn’t that good at comedy and I wasn’t kidding. Got them all wrong. Only the Sandra Oh prediction was correct in drama, had Madden second but the Americans was like my #4, I think. Limited is where I did well, got Versace, Criss, Arquette and Whishaw. Had Cruz instead of Clarkson, but hey, I did say that one of my Versace predictions would turn out wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.